Posted to rec.woodworking

Default COOL NEW NEANDER TOOL!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

-Zz

PS: I have three tools from Bridge City: a 4" X 2" saddle square, a
3" try square, and a little jointmaker's hammer, all rec'd as gifts.

I gotta' admit that I LIKE them all.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

-Zz

Here's more details and pricing:

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/Produ...le+Block+Plane
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 15, 8:43*pm, Zz Yzx wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. *But should I get the case too?

-Zz

PS: *I have three tools from Bridge City: a 4" X 2" saddle square, a
3" try square, and a little jointmaker's hammer, all rec'd as gifts.

I gotta' admit that I LIKE them all.

At that price you should buy everyone on here one. I'll e-mail you my
address and be looking for it next week.

And for Christmas, I'll want a second one so that I don't have to
change the iron around.

Allen
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
news
http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

Absolutely! For the paltry extra money you couldn't even buy
just the wood to make your own.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

Guess I'm lucky, still learning to properly learn to use my father and
grandfathers old planes and the proper sharpening. By the time I have
them perfected I probably won't need a better plane Not knocking the
tool, but I've never seen the great wood workers holding up some high
tech new tool as their savior. It is pretty though.

Mike M

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:43:25 -0700, Zz Yzx
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

-Zz

PS: I have three tools from Bridge City: a 4" X 2" saddle square, a
3" try square, and a little jointmaker's hammer, all rec'd as gifts.

I gotta' admit that I LIKE them all.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

-Zz

Here's more details and pricing:

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/Produ...le+Block+Plane

Pretty much the price I guessed. If you want a cool affordable BCT Kerf
Maker,,, Effective and stupid simple.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:07:03 -0700, the infamous Zz Yzx
scrawled the following:

Holy Effin' ****, Maynard! Who do they think they are, Festool?

--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
news
http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

-Zz

PS: I have three tools from Bridge City: a 4" X 2" saddle square, a
3" try square, and a little jointmaker's hammer, all rec'd as gifts.

I gotta' admit that I LIKE them all.

To put it in perspective, for that price you could get:

Lie-Nielson low angle block,
Lie-Nielson standard block,
L-N #5 Jack,
High angle frog for the #5,
a L-N medium shoulder plane,
-and-
a spare O-1 blade.

I think I'll pass.

It *is* pretty, though.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

I'm gonna' order two. But should I get the case too?

-Zz

Here's more details and pricing:

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/Produ...le+Block+Plane

For that price one could get: FTPM561174, Festool TS 55 EQ Plunge Cut Saw &
CT Mini Dust Extractor Package and have money left over to buy a decent
block plane from Lee Valley.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Zz Yzx writes:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BridgeCityMike

That's $859 for a 2-blade-angle plane. They say

"We believe the CT-17 Dual Angle Block Plane is the most versatile
block plane available today.one plane body with one iron equals two
planes."

This is completely wrong.

For $250 you can get the Veritas Smoothing Plane with THREE different angles.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...182,41187&ap=1

For $36 more, you can get the toothed blade as well. So the Veritas is twice as versatile
as the Bridge City.

I love mine.