Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning 'real' knotty pine paneling

On 8/21/2019 11:01 PM, ads wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:14:03 +0000, Larry
m wrote:

replying to David Nebenzahl, Larry wrote:
Fels Naphtha soap? Wow, I haven't even heard of that since i was a young kid.
(Late 40's) Dad hung an old shower with a circular curtain rail over a floor
drain in our basement. As it was next to moms washing machine (wringer type)
we kids used Fels Naphtha as our shower soap. We all lived so I guess it
didn't hurt us, but we were the cleanest kids on the block!!

Lehman's still sells it:
https://www.lehmans.com/product/fels...-laundry-soap/

And they will also sell you an old-school butter churn but old-school is
not for everyone.

But if you are driving (your buggy?) through Amish country in Ohio it is
worth spending a few hours at Lehman's. And then go down to Heini's Cheese
Chalet for something to snack on...