Posted to rec.woodworking

Default gloat: shaper spindles

A cousin was cleaning out his basement and
give me some very nice items, a 3/4" and 1"
shaper spindle assemblies, a 1940 craftsman
drill press that is like new and very well
made and a couple of saw mandrels.

The spindles were made by the Moradian
manufacturing company, but I haven't found any
reference to them on the web.

They appear unused and were wrapped in newspaper
dated 1951.

Pictures of the spindles on a.b.p.w.

I always wanted a shaper but couldn't justify the cost,
looks like for the price of a couple of moters and some
cabinet work, I can have two.

basilisk