ClemsonDave

Default galvanized pipe update

Ok, I went to Lowe's with my digital caliper. Stood there and measured
various pipes. All of theirs was right around 1.050, where HD was 1.070.
So, I bought a few pieces. Took them home and had more positive results.

On my more expensive clamps with the spring plates, they worked great. On
my ebay specials (with the cam/teeth), some worked, some did not and some
would not fit.

So, I guess as long as you buy decent quality clamps, the galvanized works.
Also, take a caliper next time you buy pipe. FOR ME, it appears 1.045 -
1.055 is the sweet range.

dave

robert bullock

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:43:09 -0500, ClemsonDave wrote:

Ok, I went to Lowe's with my digital caliper. Stood there and measured
various pipes. All of theirs was right around 1.050, where HD was
1.070. So, I bought a few pieces. Took them home and had more positive
results.

On my more expensive clamps with the spring plates, they worked great.
On my ebay specials (with the cam/teeth), some worked, some did not and
some would not fit.

So, I guess as long as you buy decent quality clamps, the galvanized
works. Also, take a caliper next time you buy pipe. FOR ME, it appears
1.045 - 1.055 is the sweet range.

dave

Dave,
Just take the clamp part with you to make sure they will fit, show them
to the person at the counter when you walk in. That way you know they
will fit.