Bestest Handsander

Default Cracked Cabinet on Lee Valley Mailer Cover

What a great piece! Anyone else notice it? My wife's first reaction was,
"That's not real." I had to assure her it was.

I did a search on the maker. His business is called Straight Line Design...
which I assume is done tongue in cheek. I can't see a straight line on any
of his pieces. Judson, if you read this group... good on ya!

Buttonhole McGee

Yes! What a striking piece of work.

My only problem with it is because the elder Mr. and Mrs. McGee were pack
rats, and I was an apt pupil, I look at a piece of furniture like that and
despair about the lack of horizontal top surfaces upon which to pile my
vast collection of schtuff.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:09:15 -0700, Bestest Handsander wrote:

What a great piece! Anyone else notice it? My wife's first reaction
was, "That's not real." I had to assure her it was.

I did a search on the maker. His business is called Straight Line
Design... which I assume is done tongue in cheek. I can't see a
straight line on any of his pieces. Judson, if you read this group...
good on ya!

Daniel Martin

I found the idea very interesting. I might one day give it a try and
try to duplicate it. Of course I could come up with my own design.
It would certainly become a center pice in our home.

Daniel

"Bestest Handsander" wrote in message ...
What a great piece! Anyone else notice it? My wife's first reaction was,
"That's not real." I had to assure her it was.

I did a search on the maker. His business is called Straight Line Design...
which I assume is done tongue in cheek. I can't see a straight line on any
of his pieces. Judson, if you read this group... good on ya!

patriarch

"Judson (sp?) came and spoke at a guild meeting I attended - what an
amazing fellow. I have never seen such creativity in a furniture maker."

Ashley Eriksmoen came and presented to our group in January. THAT wrapped
more than a few of us around the axle. College of the Redwoods meets Rhode
Island School of Design.

Let's just say that eyes and minds were opened....

Patriarch

DarylRos

Judson (sp?) came and spoke at a guild meeting I attended - what an amazing
fellow. I have never seen such creativity in a furniture maker.

Magnificent piece. For others like that, check our Blaise Gaston, Michael
Fortune, and of course, the gretest of them all, Jere Osgood.
Brian L

Ya I thought that piece really stood out too.

What a wonderful project. I wish I were capable of that caliber of work.
And you're right - there wasn't a straight line to be found on that thing.
I would love to see how he made it.

Brian

"Bestest Handsander" wrote in message
What a great piece! Anyone else notice it? My wife's first reaction was,
"That's not real." I had to assure her it was.

I did a search on the maker. His business is called Straight Line

Design...
which I assume is done tongue in cheek. I can't see a straight line on

any
of his pieces. Judson, if you read this group... good on ya!

Ed Clarke

In article , Brian L wrote:
Ya I thought that piece really stood out too.

What a wonderful project. I wish I were capable of that caliber of work.
And you're right - there wasn't a straight line to be found on that thing.
I would love to see how he made it.

.... now take two tabs of LSD ...