Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Read it, and weep ...

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

I read the first sentence and almost went into cardiac arrest.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize
when we make 'em again.

:-/

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Certainly glad that was written over 10 years ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking
No Name

On 1/15/2010 11:26 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize
when we make 'em again.

:-/

Did you read the VERY last line ??

A version of this article appeared in print on September 30,
1999, on page C2 of the New York edition.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2010 10:26 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize
when we make 'em again.

:-/

Obviously _we_ haven't learned anything ... the NYT's writer hit the
nail squarely on the head in 1999 and yet the NYT is cheerleading the
"blame it on Bush" mentality to this very day!!!???

You are ALL ****ing crazy in this country, I mean gimmme a ****ing break
.... sheeeeesssssh!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...t-to-aid-mortg
age-lending.html?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Note the date, too, and recall who was President at the time. Hint: it wasn't
the guy who usually gets blamed for this mess.
Posted to rec.woodworking

""__ Bøb __"" wrote in message

On 1/15/2010 11:26 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize when
we make 'em again.

:-/

Did you read the VERY last line ??

A version of this article appeared in print on September 30, 1999, on page
C2 of the New York edition.

Actually that was at the very top of the article also.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 1/15/2010 10:26 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:
On 1/15/2010 10:13 PM, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Heh - most of the time what we learn from our mistakes is to recognize
when we make 'em again.

:-/

Obviously _we_ haven't learned anything ... the NYT's writer hit the nail
squarely on the head in 1999 and yet the NYT is cheerleading the "blame it
on Bush" mentality to this very day!!!???

You are ALL ****ing crazy in this country, I mean gimmme a ****ing break
... sheeeeesssssh!

To a T the writer hit the nail on the head.

And as a further indicator of the stupidity going on..... Obama is going to
tax the banks to get our money back.... Guess who is going to pay that tax.

What he fails to realize or what his flock of sheep fail to realize is that
"business" does not pay any taxes. The people/consumers pay the taxes for
the businesses by paying more for the products that they buy.

I propose that the governmant pay off that $12,000,000,000,000.00 debt that
they have made before trying to teach us anything about fiscal
responsibility.

Talk about the Fox guarding the hen house.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Unfortunately, its not the minorities nor the poorer persons that are
losing there homes. Its wanna be's who bought a more (overpriced) home
than they could afford and real estate speculators.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Swingman wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

I read the first sentence and almost went into cardiac arrest.

Posted to rec.woodworking

It is too bad we cannot back in time and make sure this does not happen. but
then I also wished for a billion dollars to fall out of the sky! Hindsight
is always best.I'm a tax accountant and I did not see this mess coming did
any of you? if so please show me were and how you protested publicly and I
will give you a prize. It is just another example of the failure of both
political parties the democratic president and republican congress. We knew
it was a bad idea but let it slide,it was in great Part OUR mistake not the
dum dums in Washington

len

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Len" wrote in message
It is too bad we cannot back in time and make sure this does not happen.
but then I also wished for a billion dollars to fall out of the sky!
Hindsight is always best.I'm a tax accountant and I did not see this mess
coming did any of you? if so please show me were and how you protested
publicly and I will give you a prize. I

Oh come on do you expect every one to publish their thoughts to prove what
they have said or thought ?
Did you notice that the writer of the article indicated that this was
coming. That was printed..

The trouble is that the people have no say. Elections simply apease some
of us.

But FIY I did see this coming.... Any thing the governmant does to force
help for those that have not earned what they are getting ends up in what is
now part of the $12 trillion problem. Plain as day....

It is just another example of the failure of both political parties the
democratic president and republican congress.

Oh I don't think they are actually failing. They want the power and are
gaining the power every day. In our eyes they are failing but let me assure
thaey age doing exactly what they want.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Michael Kenefick" wrote in message
Unfortunately, its not the minorities nor the poorer persons that are
losing there homes. Its wanna be's who bought a more (overpriced) home
than they could afford and real estate speculators.

Umm... Wanna be's also happen to be the poorer persons and minorities.
Because they are poorer than what is required to be able to afford a home,
they are loosing their homes...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2010 11:27 PM, Len wrote:
It is too bad we cannot back in time and make sure this does not happen. but
then I also wished for a billion dollars to fall out of the sky!

It did, for a whole lot of folks ... that was sort of the problem, eh?

Hindsight
is always best.I'm a tax accountant and I did not see this mess coming did
any of you?if so please show me were and how you protested publicly and I
will give you a prize.

First, show me how your particular occupation should be more prescient
than any other ...

It is just another example of the failure of both
political parties the democratic president and republican congress. We knew
it was a bad idea but let it slide,it was in great Part OUR mistake not the
dum dums in Washington

And, you are dead right on that score ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/15/2010 11:23 PM, Michael Kenefick wrote:
Unfortunately, its not the minorities nor the poorer persons that are
losing there homes. Its wanna be's who bought a more (overpriced) home
than they could afford and real estate speculators.

Missing the point, are we? Did you happen to notice how your country was
brought to its knees DIRECTLY by policies outlined in the decade old
article?

Have you noticed that these very same folks are pointing the finger of
blame at others?

Basically, you are collectively a damn bunch of fools ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am sometimes almost terrified at the utter naivete of us: you, me,
and all those others, our happy little gang of six billion nitwits. We
are so self assured in our petty knowledge. We always know, of
course, that we were wrong before, but are sure that we are not wrong
now.
--Richard C. Henry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 16, 7:56*am, burtwitlin wrote:
I am sometimes almost terrified at the utter naivete of us: you, me,
and all those others, our happy little gang of six billion nitwits. We
are so self assured in our petty knowledge. *We always know, of
course, that we were wrong before, but are sure that we are not wrong
now.
--Richard C. Henry

The first signs of insanity:

"Continuing to do exactly the same thing and expecting different
results."

Our greed-driven society?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2010 12:27 AM, Len wrote:
It is too bad we cannot back in time and make sure this does not happen. but
then I also wished for a billion dollars to fall out of the sky! Hindsight
is always best.I'm a tax accountant and I did not see this mess coming did
any of you? if so please show me were and how you protested publicly and I
will give you a prize. It is just another example of the failure of both
political parties the democratic president and republican congress. We knew
it was a bad idea but let it slide,it was in great Part OUR mistake not the
dum dums in Washington

len

Under this program described in 1999 when Clinton was President, I sold
a house. While I was able to purchase my next house with an interest
rate of about 5.4%, the person who bought my house finally got a loan
for over 11%. She was a beautician, he was unemployed, they had an 85%
debt to income ratio. With minimal income their monthly payment was
twice what I was paying.

The outcome of this type of financial deals was obvious when we sold the
house in 2000. We should be thanking the people at AGI, Fannie May, and
others for being able to keep the lid on this disaster for as long as
they did. They deserve every penny they got.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2010 10:36 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Under this program described in 1999 when Clinton was President, I sold
a house. While I was able to purchase my next house with an interest
rate of about 5.4%, the person who bought my house finally got a loan
for over 11%. She was a beautician, he was unemployed, they had an 85%
debt to income ratio. With minimal income their monthly payment was
twice what I was paying.

The outcome of this type of financial deals was obvious when we sold the
house in 2000. We should be thanking the people at AGI, Fannie May, and
others for being able to keep the lid on this disaster for as long as
they did. They deserve every penny they got.

Instead, thank both your congressmen and the bankers who bought and paid
for them. This is provably by design, and not accidental in the least
.... can you say "home equity loan"?:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ditcards/view/

My Christmas present this year from my youngest daughter was that she
would sit down with me and watch this, along with my commentary, and
with her full undivided attention.

In return, I couldn't think of a better gift I could give her than for
her to understand what most most of the ill educated fools in this
country can't seem to grasp.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 10:51:02 -0600, Swingman wrote:

My Christmas present this year from my youngest daughter was that she
would sit down with me and watch this, along with my commentary, and
with her full undivided attention.

In return, I couldn't think of a better gift I could give her than for
her to understand what most most of the ill educated fools in this
country can't seem to grasp.

You didn't give your daughter's age, but I'll assume that she
understood what she watched or that you explained anything she didn't
understand. And, that leads me to my question.

What did she say about the show and the current situation many now
find themselves in?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Swingman wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...t-to-aid-mortg
age-lending.html?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Note the date, too, and recall who was President at the time. Hint: it wasn't
the guy who usually gets blamed for this mess.

The president is not much of an issue. Its the Senate and the Congress
that's screwing the country. The presidents main job is to focus your
attention on hisself while the rest of the government rapes you. Give
me control of the house and senate and the president can be about anyone
you can dream up.

--
Jack
Got Change:More Spending!More Unemployment!More Government!Less freedom!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2010 11:47 AM, Jack Stein wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Swingman
wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...t-to-aid-mortg

age-lending.html?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Note the date, too, and recall who was President at the time. Hint: it
wasn't the guy who usually gets blamed for this mess.

The president is not much of an issue. Its the Senate and the Congress
that's screwing the country. The presidents main job is to focus your
attention on hisself while the rest of the government rapes you. Give me
control of the house and senate and the president can be about anyone
you can dream up.

Even worse than that ... give me control of printing your money, and it
makes no difference who you elect, in any branch of government.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 04:49:26 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...t-to-aid-mortg
age-lending.html?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Note the date, too, and recall who was President at the time. Hint: it wasn't
the guy who usually gets blamed for this mess.

I was in mortgage banking at the time.

The banking industry wanted the noose off, from around their necks, so
they could be free to make as MANY LOANS and as MUCH MONEY as humanly
possible.

They lobbied ... fiercely ... for the repeal of Glass-Steagall Act,
among other things, and the passage of Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, among
others.

Clinton was an idiot for going along with the notion, but -- make no
mistake about who pushed for every single bit of at least this part of
the meltdown.

We privatized profits, and we socialized loss.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2010 12:37 PM, Revivul wrote:

I was in mortgage banking at the time.

The banking industry wanted the noose off, from around their necks, so
they could be free to make as MANY LOANS and as MUCH MONEY as humanly
possible.

They lobbied ... fiercely ... for the repeal of Glass-Steagall Act,
among other things, and the passage of Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, among
others.

Clinton was an idiot for going along with the notion, but -- make no
mistake about who pushed for every single bit of at least this part of
the meltdown.

We privatized profits, and we socialized loss.

Good way to put it ... so damn true it makes you want to scream in
frustration.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 1/16/2010 11:47 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

Even worse than that ... give me control of printing your money, and it
makes no difference who you elect, in any branch of government.

And still worse, let the federal government control the education system and
it will control our kids minds.

Rick Perry finally did something good by turning down the $750,000,000
offered by the feds to take control of our education system in Texas.

Had he taken the money he would have traded what little control we have left
in our childrens educations for "2" days funding of the education system in
Texas.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

She's 24, back in town from college and living on her own (as much as
her Mom will allow, of course).

If you were good parents, you'd have bought her a boat and let her go out to
sea.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:32:37 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:
She's 24, back in town from college and living on her own (as much as
her Mom will allow, of course).

If you were good parents, you'd have bought her a boat and let her go out to
sea.

Yeah, but they should have done it 8 years ago.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:13:54 -0600, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

Folks bought too much home for too little income. Shame on the
government for encouraging this financial irresponsibility. Ginnie
Mae bonds, AAA rated, very good. Fannie and Freddie are basically
high-risk junk.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:09:09 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 1/16/2010 11:47 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

Even worse than that ... give me control of printing your money, and it
makes no difference who you elect, in any branch of government.

And still worse, let the federal government control the education system and
it will control our kids minds.

Rick Perry finally did something good by turning down the $750,000,000
offered by the feds to take control of our education system in Texas.

Had he taken the money he would have traded what little control we have left
in our childrens educations for "2" days funding of the education system in
Texas.

If you want to believe it was turned down for such altruistic reasons,
I guess that is your right. However, all of the school districts and
even states saying that they are "turning down" the federal money are
in fact accepting theTeacher Union's demands that they not be
subjected to any evaluations or any significant measurement of
individual performance. I really am not a fan of Obama, but his
attempt to inject at least a little tiny bit of accountability into
the teaching "profession" through this "race to the top" giveaway
deserves some props.

Dave Hall
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 23:16:03 -0500, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski"
scrawled the following:

Swingman wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...l?pagewanted=1

Read every SINGLE word!!

I read the first sentence and almost went into cardiac arrest.

Ditto the first sentence. All I can say is

"CHRIST, NOT AGAIN! Didn't they !@#$%#$ learn the first time?"
Then I saw the 1999 date on the thing.

--
The greatest fine art of the future will be the making
of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.
Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...ases-credit-to...

Read every SINGLE word!!

Folks bought too much home for too little income.

I guess that is hard not to do if you live too far east or west. I am
amazed, when we watch the real estate shows on HGTV. They are selling
an older California or Massachusetts home and I'm thinking "that's a
$170,000 home. Then they show the $750,000 price. We are still
selling new $300,000 homes in the plains states for around $300,000,
not $1.5M.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:

I guess that is hard not to do if you live too far east or west. I am
amazed, when we watch the real estate shows on HGTV. They are selling
an older California or Massachusetts home and I'm thinking "that's a
$170,000 home. Then they show the $750,000 price. We are still
selling new $300,000 homes in the plains states for around $300,000,
not $1.5M.

Some years ago a Cambridge MA resident was going to retire and move to
Alabama. He put his house on the market and called a realtor in his soon to
be new home town to set up appointments. When she heard the price range he
was looking for, she replied "I don't think we have anything in that range".
He ended up with a huge house on few acres on a river (dock and boat
included) with fancy gardens and still put a few hundred thousand $ in the
bank.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

RonB wrote:

I guess that is hard not to do if you live too far east or west. I
am amazed, when we watch the real estate shows on HGTV. They are
selling an older California or Massachusetts home and I'm thinking
"that's a $170,000 home. Then they show the $750,000 price. We are
still selling new $300,000 homes in the plains states for around
$300,000, not $1.5M.

Some years ago a Cambridge MA resident was going to retire and move
to Alabama. He put his house on the market and called a realtor in
his soon to be new home town to set up appointments. When she heard
the price range he was looking for, she replied "I don't think we have
anything in that range". He ended up with a huge house on few acres on
a river (dock and boat included) with fancy gardens and still put a
few hundred thousand $ in the bank.

That's the problem with location, location, location. You can only put
money in the bank going one way. Going back requires taking it out or a
funny Fanny Mae.
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 07:24:52 -0800 (PST), RonB
wrote:

On Jan 16, 4:47*pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 22:13:54 -0600, Swingman wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/30/bu...ases-credit-to...

Read every SINGLE word!!

Folks bought too much home for too little income.

I guess that is hard not to do if you live too far east or west. I am
amazed, when we watch the real estate shows on HGTV. They are selling
an older California or Massachusetts home and I'm thinking "that's a
$170,000 home. Then they show the $750,000 price. We are still
selling new $300,000 homes in the plains states for around $300,000,
not $1.5M.

Chicago though is on a coast and prices were getting surreal.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:43:11 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

RonB wrote:

I guess that is hard not to do if you live too far east or west. I am
amazed, when we watch the real estate shows on HGTV. They are selling
an older California or Massachusetts home and I'm thinking "that's a
$170,000 home. Then they show the $750,000 price. We are still
selling new $300,000 homes in the plains states for around $300,000,
not $1.5M.

Some years ago a Cambridge MA resident was going to retire and move to
Alabama. He put his house on the market and called a realtor in his soon to
be new home town to set up appointments. When she heard the price range he
was looking for, she replied "I don't think we have anything in that range".
He ended up with a huge house on few acres on a river (dock and boat
included) with fancy gardens and still put a few hundred thousand $ in the
bank.

....and his property taxes likely were a quarter of what they were in
MA. We bought 2x the house in Alabama, and the taxes are 25% of what
they were in Vermont.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 1/16/2010 11:47 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

Even worse than that ... give me control of printing your money, and it
makes no difference who you elect, in any branch of government.

And still worse, let the federal government control the education system
and it will control our kids minds.

along those lines:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...cuated-school-
chollas-view/

Somebody in that school district, starting with the Vice Principal needs
to sued, prosecuted, and/or fired. Stupidity *should* hurt.

The parents won't be prosecuted, but should receive counseling. Why in
heaven's name do *they* need counseling. The Vice Principal who wet himself
over a science project at a school that *specializes" in technology is the
one who needs counseling.

What if the firefighters had found a can of gasoline or a propane bottle
in the garage? Were the police then going to arrest someone?

Rick Perry finally did something good by turning down the $750,000,000
offered by the feds to take control of our education system in Texas.

Had he taken the money he would have traded what little control we have
left in our childrens educations for "2" days funding of the education
system in Texas.

Rob Leatham

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/17/2010 11:51 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

along those lines:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...cuated-school-
chollas-view/

Somebody in that school district, starting with the Vice Principal needs
to sued, prosecuted, and/or fired. Stupidity*should* hurt.

The parents won't be prosecuted, but should receive counseling. Why in
heaven's name do*they* need counseling. The Vice Principal who wet himself
over a science project at a school that *specializes" in technology is the
one who needs counseling.

What if the firefighters had found a can of gasoline or a propane bottle
in the garage? Were the police then going to arrest someone?

The "educated beyond their intelligence" doing the educating ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Concrete weep holes srazor Home Repair 2 October 30th 06 07:08 PM
Read It & Weep david lang UK diy 12 October 4th 05 09:33 PM
Weep screed for stucco Mike Home Repair 1 September 25th 05 05:02 AM
Concete coring - weep holes in retaining wall [email protected] Home Repair 5 January 17th 05 11:01 AM