David Radlin

Default Recommendations: Jointer, Band Saw

I'm in the market for a 6" jointer and 14" band saw.

I've look at products from King and General (available locally),
specifically the following:

Bandsaws
King # KC-1433FX - http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?ID=58
General # 90-100 - http://www.general.ca/product/inter/90100an.html

Jointers
King # KC-60FX - http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?ID=91
General # 80-100 - http://www.general.ca/product/inter/80100an.html

Does anyone have any specific experience with any of these machines that
they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

---

Brian in Vancouver, BC

"David Radlin" wrote in
:

I'm in the market for a 6" jointer and 14" band saw.

I've look at products from King and General (available locally),
specifically the following:

Jointers
King # KC-60FX - http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?ID=91
General # 80-100 - http://www.general.ca/product/inter/80100an.html

Does anyone have any specific experience with any of these machines
that they would like to share?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

---

Dave;

I recently bought the General 6" jointer, Model 80-100L. I was lucky to
get it at the wood show in the Fall where it was a demonstration model
so it had been assembled and set up to show off the machines AND I got
it for a $100 discount below wood show sale price because it had 3 days
of use after the show finished.

I have no complaints and I get good reults. I have recently noticed
some small lines on my stock so I guess I have somehow nicked the
blades. I spent a little time setting up the fence to be square when it
was new and I managed to distort the 90-deg. stop bolt, which I thought
was a little soft.

My machine is the "L" model which has the table extensions.

Brian

A Few Notes on My New Grizzly G1018HW 8" jointer Darrell Woodworking 5 March 5th 04 01:19 AM
jointer as planer Michael Press Woodworking 9 February 19th 04 02:48 AM
Which 6" jointer? NoNameAtAll Woodworking 30 January 29th 04 05:00 AM
Mounted biscuit jointer JR Woodworking 3 December 7th 03 07:55 PM
About to buy Bandsaw & Jointer, Recommendations? RogerN Woodworking 8 November 26th 03 09:00 PM