Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Eye-Witness - Florida Traveler Advisory - Bushnell, FL

From a friend:

Well, I went for a little ride over to CR48 in Bushnell. I'm familiar with
the area becaused I lived in the RV park behind that Walmart last winter.

There is an exit from Walmart onto CR48, right turn only, with permanent
yellow posts in the pavement preventing the eastbound traffic from turning
onto the westbound lane. At the end of the yellow posts are 2 large and very
visible "NO U Turn" signs. It is a 2 lane un-divided road with a centre turn
lane.

If anyone does a U-turn at the end of the yellow posts, they deserve a
ticket, IMO

About 800 feet further east is another exit from Walmart, with traffic
lights and no turn restrictions.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

From a friend:

There is an exit from Walmart onto CR48, right turn only, with permanent
yellow posts in the pavement preventing the eastbound traffic from turning
onto the westbound lane. At the end of the yellow posts are 2 large and
very
visible "NO U Turn" signs. It is a 2 lane un-divided road with a centre
turn
lane.

Well, Joe. Those signs, if in fact there are signs, were NOT
installed when I and many others were ticketed. I wish I had a photo
for comparison.

I'm not your adversary BTW, I was simply posting info that was forwarded to
me after I provided your info to a global motorcycle touring group I'm a
part of. One of those guys is the author of my comments.

I'd also love the link to your photos please... Didn't see that and would
love to send that link to my contact.

They were probably installed after a 7 month court battle and my
complaints to the FDOT. As shown in the photo posted earlier, signs
were NOT installed at that time.

Could be... If that is the case, and you still feel wronged, go back and
make your case that it was their lack of proper signage that caused the
problem.

If anyone does a U-turn at the end of the yellow posts, they deserve a
ticket, IMO

If in fact the signs are where you claim, then they meet the
requirements of the MUTCD and are legal. And visible.

About 800 feet further east is another exit from Walmart, with traffic
lights and no turn restrictions.

And a stranger to the area exiting the Wendys is to know this how?
A better question is why they are needed at all. I've never seen more
than 3 cars on that road, even on a Monday afternoon.

(Sarcasm on) Our job is not to question big brother but to be assimilated
without any struggling. Freedom to think logically, to critically test
everything to see if it is legitimate and to be able to speak about what we
find disappeared decades ago. (Sarcasm off)

CLIP
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message

I provided your info to a global motorcycle touring group I'm a part of.

Hell's Angels? Bandidoes?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I provided your info to a global motorcycle touring group I'm a part of.

Hell's Angels? Bandidoes?

Wild Hogs baby! Wild Hogs!

(Vulcan Riders and Owners Club actually, 30,000+ registered globally...)

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

That was fast.

Actually, I posted it before reading your follow up.
I am nothing if not pedantic. ;-)

I figured that.... Posting before reading that is...

No signs at any of the required locations. Show me a sign! ;-)

I'll see what I can get for you...

Cool!

No promises but we shall see!

BTW, I'm not fond of most lawyers... ;-)

Most? LOL...

Well, I was attempting to be accommodating. ;-)
I do have one friend here who is a SS lawyer and
I dated a female attorney in New Jersey 8 years ago.
It was truly a lost summer...

Okay... This is snowballing.

I know a lot of female attorneys in NJ since I live here and .... well...
know a lot of attorneys. Initials? Township/city they lived / worked in?
Would be really funny if it was my aunt-in-law.

But generally, and any with political aspirations? Naaa...

There aren't many people with political aspirations that are worth anything
these days, but that's another subject.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

I worked in Blackwood, lived in Ewan amidst the peach farms.
They tell me it is all McMansions these days.
As for the female attorney, Tina and Cherry Hill.
She lived in Harrison Township, AIR.

Ah... Bummer. Would have made for an interesting story.

Thanks, and BTW, I do butcher wood. At least until the angina pectoris
hit a while back. I haven't participated here much since that
condition occurred, but I used to be a regular and still recognize
many of the names, including yours.

Hope the health issues are not moch of an issue for you in the future... In
a good way of course!
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
.

Insurance has become nothing but a pork barrel for every avaricious
pettifogger and pink-handed money-changer to dip into.

There is a very, very fine line between a protection racket and an insurence
company.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message

wrote in message
.

Insurance has become nothing but a pork barrel for every avaricious
pettifogger and pink-handed money-changer to dip into.

There is a very, very fine line between a protection racket and an
insurence company.

hopefully the insurance company won't send out an arsonist if you don't sign
up for fire insurance, although i once knew a really persistent state farm
agent....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:28:48 -0500, Swingman wrote:

wrote:

Bingo, KC! That and the legions of politicians who are on big pharma
and HMO/insurance company payrolls.

Almost all, to the man, lawyers ...

Shakespeare definitely had the right idea in Henry VIII.

Don't get me started:

"It is apparent that a capitalistic society must have a strong moral
component in order to survive. It follows that that which blurs the
distinction between morality and legality, such as the curriculum taught
in the law schools in this country, poses an increasing danger to our
society. Therefore, we would do well to fully consider a concept that
precludes products of this curriculum serving in the Legislative branch
of our government."

I posted the above on a Fido BBS some 23 years ago ... it is becoming
more obvious/pertinent with each passing year.

How true. The original constitution was based on that. Morals
change, but now they allow lawyers to nitpik over every detail end end
up with results which were never intended. And the courts reinterpet
the law as well. Changes have to occur, but they way they occur now
seems to be based on things I just don't understand anymore.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 29, 3:22*am, wrote:
Swingman said:

Shakespeare definitely had the right idea in Henry VIII.

Don't get me started:

"It is apparent that a capitalistic society must have a strong moral
component in order to survive. It follows that that which blurs the
distinction between morality and legality, such as the curriculum taught
in the law schools in this country, poses an increasing danger to our
society. Therefore, we would do well to fully consider a concept that
precludes products of this curriculum serving in the Legislative branch
of our government."

I posted the above on a Fido BBS some 23 years ago ... it is becoming
more obvious/pertinent with each passing year.

I agree. A generation of overly indulged, short-sighted inheritors of
heritage fortune never developed the ability to feel compassion for
others or behave in a moral fashion while conducting their affairs.
It's all about winning - even if only legal in the vaguest sense.
Morality isn't even a blank cell in their spreadsheets - short of the
occasional feigned retail public displays.

I spent a few years at Emory Law School a couple decades ago yet
bypassed their formal curriculum; thus sidestepping the usual
indoctrination into the cloistered fold of "Brothers and Sisters of
the Bar." *While reading various syllabi written by an assortment of
state judges spanning the period from about 1940 to present day I was
struck by the temporal degradation in critical/analytical thinking
exhibited. There is less justice and more campaign contributions and
hand washing apparent in these supposed modern times. Apparently this
is inevitable in all fields which are self-regulated - similar to Wall
Street; to reflect upon a more timely group who professes to be above
scrutiny. *Seldom are lawyers or judges (or bankers/brokers) ever held
accountable for egregious acts in violation of their oaths to conform
to ethical boundaries. It should not be dismissed simply as human
nature, but is from all appearances a particularly devious
narcissistic mental illness which causes those afflicted to be drawn
towards positions of control, power and wealth. Brash venality is
considered a perk of certain professions - which in this case are best
defined as the Judicial, Legislative, and Executive branches of
government.

The hue and cry becomes deafening if you dare mention the J.A.I.L.
initiative, or even suggest that some avenue for the public to address
violations of Canon ethics and perfidy should exist. Oversight, you
see, is only for the unwashed masses, not the aristocracy. As a nation
we have become the fetid beast we initially sought to escape.

Oy Vey! *I'm beginning to fully understand my attraction to beating on
objects with a large clownhammer. *;-)

You turn a wonderful phrase. It is nice to read a post of this
caliber. (The fact that your paragraphs sum up my exact views was a
bonus.)

Had to be said.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy said:

On Oct 29, 3:22*am, wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Robatoy. And Swingman, et al.
IMHO, I've turned a few wonderful bowls, but never a phrase.
Yet that's why I love this place - even after a 2 year hiatus.
Mostly level headed, industrious, inventive, self-starters who possess
a modicum of common sense. A credible goal for you to aspire to. ;-)

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Oct 29, 3:22 am, wrote:
Swingman said:

[...]

Just like a good board game, capitalism is a wonderful thing when everybody plays by the
rules. But no matter who you are or how high up you've climbed, there is always a higher
power you should be answering to.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner said:

Robatoy wrote:
You turn a wonderful phrase. It is nice to read a post of this
caliber. (The fact that your paragraphs sum up my exact views was a
bonus.)

Had to be said.

Just like a good board game, capitalism is a wonderful thing when everybody plays by the
rules. But no matter who you are or how high up you've climbed, there is always a higher
power you should be answering to.

I think Bob Dylan has a song about that... Gotta Serve Somebody?

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

CW said:

wrote:

Insurance has become nothing but a pork barrel for every avaricious
pettifogger and pink-handed money-changer to dip into.

There is a very, very fine line between a protection racket and an insurence
company.

That line is probably Wall Street.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlie said:

"CW" wrote:

There is a very, very fine line between a protection racket and an
insurence company.

hopefully the insurance company won't send out an arsonist if you don't sign
up for fire insurance, although i once knew a really persistent state farm
agent....

So did I. Now you are making me very nervous...

Greg G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dddudley said:

wrote:

Joe AutoDrill said:

BTW, I'm not fond of most lawyers... ;-)

Most? LOL...

Well, I was attempting to be accommodating. ;-)
I do have one friend here who is a SS lawyer and
I dated a female attorney in New Jersey 8 years ago.
It was truly a lost summer...

Well, if nothing else, that should have guaranteed that you got screwedg

I can truly say that it was the first and only time I got to screw a
lawyer without taking out my wallet!

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe AutoDrill said:

There still are no signs at the 2 locations pointed to in the photo.

If he gets down to the area again, he is going to try and get a number of
photos for me to pass on to you.

I appreciate it, Joe, but I have pictures of that sign. And it still
fails to meet the requirements of the law.

Don't worry about it.

Greg G.