Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Totally OT What we woke up to in the Houston area

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 9:24 AM, Leon wrote:
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet.Â* ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Nice! We get some tomorrow night.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/8/2017 9:24 AM, Leon wrote:
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet.Â* ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Nice!Â* We get some tomorrow night.

The right kind of snow, no shoveling and roadways are clear. Houston is
almost in lock down though. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

You should print that first one out for your Christmas Cards. All we
are getting is a 36 hr drizzle.

--
G Ross
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 9:37 AM, G Ross wrote:
Leon wrote:
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet.Â* ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

You should print that first one out for your Christmas Cards.Â* All we
are getting is a 36 hr drizzle.

Good Idea, I send out Christmas Letters and this might make a good back
ground. We had the drizzle for the previous 2 day, 1" of drizzle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

We're getting that now. My son was complaining that we're getting
snow earlier than they are (Vermont). They can have it. Snow is one
of the reasons we left Vermont (other sorts of snowflakes are
another).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

That's more than we have up here in Waterloo Ontario (The Great White
North)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Bought a snowblower last year, did not snow at all, best $600
insurance ever spent.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 8:24:28 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

No kidding???????

I think you got more snow than I did the entire last winter. I'm about 900 or so miles due north of you. It is probably a bit colder here than you are in Houston. 18 degrees low last night and high of 25 this afternoon. But it is really sunny and clear skies.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 12:23 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

That's more than we have up here in Waterloo Ontario (The Great White
North)

We probably will not see this again for 5~9 years. LOL Seems it snows
here after a sopical storm of hurricane affects our area.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 12:29 PM, Markem wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Bought a snowblower last year, did not snow at all, best $600
insurance ever spent.

LOL. Did you notice that some one used the snow blower before I took
these pictures. ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 2:41 PM, wrote:
On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 8:24:28 AM UTC-6, Leon wrote:
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

No kidding???????

I think you got more snow than I did the entire last winter. I'm about 900 or so miles due north of you. It is probably a bit colder here than you are in Houston. 18 degrees low last night and high of 25 this afternoon. But it is really sunny and clear skies.

My nephew and his wife live in Norman OK. They wanted me to send the
snow up there. LOL

It is all gone now and or as of shortly after 2:00 pm this afternoon.
We only got down to 33.3. I think if it had been a few degrees cooler
there would have been more. We watched it for 4 hours last night and it
was melting the second it hit the ground. We were shocked this morning,
apparently it came down heavier during the wee hours of early morning.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Totally picturesque.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Nice! What makes it so cool is no icy sidewalks and driveways. Hard to
believe in Houston area.

We have a different kind of snow here, ashes and golden skies.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 17:10:45 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 12/8/2017 12:23 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

That's more than we have up here in Waterloo Ontario (The Great White
North)

We probably will not see this again for 5~9 years. LOL Seems it snows
here after a sopical storm of hurricane affects our area.

I was listening to talk radio on the way home. Evidently, some of the
Northern suburbs have had 8" so far. We're on the South side. There
was no accumulation (just wet) at work when I left. The roads around
my house are snowed over but not slippery. My driveway is slick.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 6:46 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 08:24:10 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain.

Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Totally picturesque.

Our creator doing his thing. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...posted-public/

Nice! What makes it so cool is no icy sidewalks and driveways. Hard to
believe in Houston area.

Exactly and it was powdery. There were bridge and overpass problems but
otherwise a winter wonderland for a few hours.

We have a different kind of snow here, ashes and golden skies.

Yeah it has been one hell of a year.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

Corpus Christi, TX, on the bay and about 200 miles SW of here, where I
grew up, had 6 inches.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 20:32:55 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

Snow sucks. I thought I left it behind.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

I spent last weekend installing a twist lock inlet and back feed breaker
so I can run my house on my new-to-me generator if we get a bad storm this
year - like we did last year. I'm getting to old to say "It's an adventure."

Of course, now that I'm all set up to handle the worst, we'll never lose
power again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

Cheap insurance. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I got a great deal on the generator, so the electrical parts were
more or less free. ~$550 all in for 5000W ready to rock the house.

If I never use it, I'll amortize the cost over the rest of the time that
I live here. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

I set mine up about 3 years ago. Been without power a total of between
20 minutes and half an hour since - - - -
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

About $1500 Canadiasn fir 7200 watts - tri-fuel
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

Does that include the generator, the inlet, the 2 pole breaker, the interlock, the wire, and
a 40' generator cord?

Miy ~$550 US does.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 17:10:45 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
That's more than we have up here in Waterloo Ontario (The Great White
North)

That's because it's too cold to snow. (g)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/8/2017 8:21 PM, wrote:
[...]

Yes. Includes th einlet, the backfeed breaker, the interlock, 2
propane tanks, propane/natural gas conversion, natural gas quick
disconnect, 25 feet of gas hose,35 feet of generator cable plus
adaptors to run the welder or heat cube direct off the generator, and
a splitter to run 2 120 volt circuits off the end of the generator
cable. The whole enchelada.
Everything purchased new in Canada except for the interlock which I
had to import from the USA