Michael Baglio

Default Q for Unisaw 100, How To Make A Zero Clearance Insert With 2WOVTLTMWMMBSWTVHC?

Hey Uway,

Ed's idea of sheetrock inserts was way-cool, but at 8 cents a pop,
that's a bit pricey.

I have a 9X11" pan of 2-week old Vegetarian Tofu Lasagne That My Wife
Made Me Before She Went To Visit Her Cousin that's been hardening in
the back of the fridge since she left. I can't throw it in the
compost pile 'cause I finally got the nitrogen ion-bounce balance
adjusted just right for my pvc dust collection grounding rod that's
sticking in it, so could I just shellac the 2wovtltmwmmbswtvhc and use
it for inserts? By now, it's a little harder than standard MDF, and
the color's certainly right-- there's a purplish sheen of mold
starting on the edges.

I figure I could adjust the height of the insert with strands of
Capellini, or if I need more height, #9 Spaghetti. Should be a
no-brainer there, and EZ on the budget.

I don't think I should flatten the 2wovtltmwmmbswtvhc insert on my
P-Matic 54A, do you? I could probably use the cheese grater for that.
Right? Do you know what pound cut O'Deen recommends for shellacing
mold?

Thanks for all yer hep,

Michael
Morris Dovey

Michael Baglio

Ed's idea of sheetrock inserts was way-cool, but at 8 cents a pop,
that's a bit pricey.

I have a 9X11" pan of 2-week old Vegetarian Tofu Lasagne That My Wife
Made Me Before She Went To Visit Her Cousin that's been hardening in
the back of the fridge since she left.

Michael...

And the cost of having your wife see this lovingly-made guck
installed on your table saw would be... ?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Michael Baglio

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:31:57 -0600, Morris Dovey
wrote:

Michael Baglio

Ed's idea of sheetrock inserts was way-cool, but at 8 cents a pop,
that's a bit pricey.

I have a 9X11" pan of 2-week old Vegetarian Tofu Lasagne That My Wife
Made Me Before She Went To Visit Her Cousin that's been hardening in
the back of the fridge since she left.

Michael...

And the cost of having your wife see this lovingly-made guck
installed on your table saw would be... ?

Zero. It wasn't purple when she baked it.

Michael
Saudade

In ,
Morris Dovey typed:
Michael Baglio

Ed's idea of sheetrock inserts was way-cool, but at 8 cents a pop,
that's a bit pricey.

I have a 9X11" pan of 2-week old Vegetarian Tofu Lasagne That My Wife
Made Me Before She Went To Visit Her Cousin that's been hardening in
the back of the fridge since she left.

Michael...

And the cost of having your wife see this lovingly-made guck
installed on your table saw would be... ?

Priceless?

James D Kountz

I cant believe you guys left out the most important step in making sheetrock
inserts! No one mentioned the all important key step of taping and using
joint compound all the way around the insert to prevent it from flying out
when in use. Also this makes is absolutely flush with the table top (after
sanding of course) and provides for a much better finish for paint. Which by
the way I suggest going to an automotive supply store and getting some good
Dupont products for a long lasting durable finish. Just watch out that Jeff
Gordon doesn't come a knockin to try and get some endorsement money from it!
;-)

Jim

"Michael Baglio @nc.rr.com" mbaglioNOSPAM wrote in message
[...]

Bridger

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:28:23 GMT, Michael Baglio
wrote:

Hey Uway,

Ed's idea of sheetrock inserts was way-cool, but at 8 cents a pop,
that's a bit pricey.

I have a 9X11" pan of 2-week old Vegetarian Tofu Lasagne That My Wife
Made Me Before She Went To Visit Her Cousin that's been hardening in
the back of the fridge since she left. I can't throw it in the
compost pile 'cause I finally got the nitrogen ion-bounce balance
adjusted just right for my pvc dust collection grounding rod that's
sticking in it, so could I just shellac the 2wovtltmwmmbswtvhc and use
it for inserts? By now, it's a little harder than standard MDF, and
the color's certainly right-- there's a purplish sheen of mold
starting on the edges.

I see where some of the catalogs have injection molded inserts for
sale. could you inject it with something?

I figure I could adjust the height of the insert with strands of
Capellini, or if I need more height, #9 Spaghetti. Should be a
no-brainer there, and EZ on the budget.

I don't think I should flatten the 2wovtltmwmmbswtvhc insert on my
P-Matic 54A, do you? I could probably use the cheese grater for that.
Right? Do you know what pound cut O'Deen recommends for shellacing
mold?

Thanks for all yer hep,

Michael

Michael Baglio

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:49:39 GMT, "James D Kountz"
wrote:

I cant believe you guys left out the most important step...of taping and using
joint compound all the way around the insert...and
going to an automotive supply store and getting some good
Dupont products for a long lasting durable finish.

Well, the DuPont Purple may have a certain Nascar appeal, but I think
there's more caché to having inserts that have been "naturally aged."

Why settle for Jeff Gordon when you can go for Emeril?
"BAM!!! You're a dado."

Michael
....this is getting beyond silly...
James D Kountz

Ok I'll give you that one BUT! How many times a year does your wife make the
tofu stuff? Will you have enough material available to keep up with then
number of inserts needed? A gallon of paint and some joint compound could
last quite a while in the proper storage conditions! ......*chuckle chuckle*

wrote:

Well, the DuPont Purple may have a certain Nascar appeal, but I think
there's more caché to having inserts that have been "naturally aged."

Why settle for Jeff Gordon when you can go for Emeril?
"BAM!!! You're a dado."

Michael
...this is getting beyond silly...

Mark Hopkins

Jello! If you use the strawberry flavor and then spray it with some of that
spray hardener that the old lady uses at that fingernail shop. BAM! Instant
insert! I don't know what results you will get with the lime green jello so
be careful!

wrote:

[...]

Morris Dovey

Mark Hopkins wrote:

Jello! If you use the strawberry flavor and then spray it with some of that
spray hardener that the old lady uses at that fingernail shop. BAM! Instant
insert! I don't know what results you will get with the lime green jello so
be careful!

I've heard that the lime green jello insert will fluoresce if you
install a UV light inside the cabinet. I think I'll just put
sparkles in the gullets of my wobble blade, turn off the lights,
and watch the show...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Jon Endres, PE

...this is getting beyond silly...

Tape a piece of cardboard up to the underside of the insert opening in the
tablesaw. Make sure it's somewhat rigid cardboard, you don't want sags or
leaks. Make sure the blade is installed.

Now, fill the depression you have created in the tablesaw top with something
pastelike such as bondo, plaster, joint compound, wood filler, gorilla glue,
or whatever you've got growing in your fridge (cream cheese?). Allow the
substance to dry, and run the blade up through it. Voila! Instant
zero-clearance insert. You may have to chip it out to replace it.

--
Jon Endres, PE
Reply To: wmengineer (at) adelphia (dot) net

DLGlos

I see where some of the catalogs have injection molded inserts for
sale. could you inject it with something?

From what I hear, if you don't want them to sag, silicone would be the
injection moulding compound of choice. Of course, YMMV.

DLGlos