Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Who Actually Makes Craftsman Mitre Saws?

"Leon" wrote in message
Well err uh ummm... Festool makes the best compound miter saw. But it is

slider and you would be the envy of most every one here if you got it and
you would be about $1,500 poorer.

Do you actually have one Leon? I know you've got some other Festool stuff
like the Domino and the vacuum, but I wasn't aware that you'd bought the
mitre saw. And, if you do have one, what differences have you found when
comparing it to other mitre saws?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
Well err uh ummm... Festool makes the best compound miter saw. But it is

slider and you would be the envy of most every one here if you got it and
you would be about $1,500 poorer.

Do you actually have one Leon? I know you've got some other Festool stuff
like the Domino and the vacuum, but I wasn't aware that you'd bought the
mitre saw. And, if you do have one, what differences have you found when
comparing it to other mitre saws?

No unfortunately I have not purchased the saw but have done the next best
thing, fondled one.

What I like.

1. Compared to other miter saws, it is quiet.
2. Relatively light weight, 47 lbs.
3. Bevel angle is not a crap shoot, there is a twist handle that allows you
fine tune the bevel angle accurately and it has a Large bevel scale.
4. It includes a angle finder tool that measures an angle and then allows
you to set the miter angle of the saw with out having to read angle numbers
or do any math.
5. Dust collection is great when used with a vac. You can use it inside a
customer house.
6. Depth of cut control.
7. Requires less space to operate than most slider miter saws. You can
place the back of the saw against a wall and leave it there.
8. On board tool and cord storage.
9. Electronic Variable Speed for various material types and to maintain
speed when cutting tough or thick materials.

Plus all the other things you would expect, laser, arbor lock, clamps, etc.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 11, 9:40*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
[...]

That new Big Boy Milwaukee looks pretty cool for a LOT less money.
Dunno much about it, but if feels very positive. It has enormous
capacity and uses off-the-shelf blades. That is the one thing, besides
price, I have put in the negative column when it comes to the Festool.
Desirable? Hell yes!

Answer to the OP's original question: Craftsman has stuff built by all
kinds of companies, some of those have no marketing of their own. An
8" mitre saw I own (Yes, it's a Craftsman, it was small, cheap, light
and perfect for tossing around in the trucks... please don't whip
me??) that particular saw was a spitting image of a Ryobi, and I am
told that those two brands share a lot of products, but dunno which
ones.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 11, 9:40*am, "Leon" wrote:

No unfortunately I have not purchased the saw but have done the next best
thing, fondled one.

Feel the love, fellas?? Leon's toast.

[...]

....jussssst a matter of time.... he's 95% there...looking for a gig/
excuse that would NEED that Festool saw.....

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

That new Big Boy Milwaukee looks pretty cool for a LOT less money.
Dunno much about it, but if feels very positive. It has enormous
capacity and uses off-the-shelf blades. That is the one thing, besides
price, I have put in the negative column when it comes to the Festool.
Desirable? Hell yes!

Not knocking your views in any way but while the Festool may require use of
its own brand blades, I am sure they could be resharpened several times.
And IMHO considering the Festool name I don't think that they are any/much
more expensive that any other quality brand blade.

Annnnnd there is that "price" thing of the saw. LOL

Who Actually Makes Craftsman Mitre Saws? [email protected] Woodworking 3 June 12th 09 12:11 AM
Who Actually Makes Craftsman Mitre Saws? DGDevin Woodworking 0 June 11th 09 06:58 AM
Mitre saws, table saws, or flip saw? Tim Nicholson UK diy 6 May 9th 04 11:29 AM
Mitre Saws Steve UK diy 5 July 24th 03 06:01 PM
compound mitre saws Mike Woodworking 2 July 11th 03 03:47 AM