Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Mahogany table top

I am working on a mahogany game table with a 31"X 31" top. Because of
the way the drawer runners are oriented cleats under the top are not
possible. Is this top to large, I mean will it warp with changes in
humidity etc? Should I use substrate and PSA veneer?
Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I am working on a mahogany game table with a 31"X 31" top. Because of
the way the drawer runners are oriented cleats under the top are not
possible. Is this top to large, I mean will it warp with changes in
humidity etc? Should I use substrate and PSA veneer?
Thanks

Thickness?

How about construction. Is it two 16" boards or is it thirty one 1" boards?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Are you just trying to figure out a way to attach it?

A simple way is to just use figure 8 hardware. Those will allow for the
expansion/contraction across the width of the top and will give some help in
holding the panel flat.

wrote in message
I am working on a mahogany game table with a 31"X 31" top. Because of
the way the drawer runners are oriented cleats under the top are not
possible. Is this top to large, I mean will it warp with changes in
humidity etc? Should I use substrate and PSA veneer?
Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

My experience with mahogany is that it is pretty stable. If you have
the ability to select the boards for your glue-up look for those most
closely cut as quartersawn. Look at the ends for ring lines that run
perpendicular to the face. Also finish it the same on both sides for
equal mositure changes.