Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hardwood in Dallas, Texas

My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx (formerly Austin)
Hardwoods. I drove by there last week and they had closed. I went over to
Hardwood Lumber and they have moved and downsized to just a minimal selection.
Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year.

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when my wood pushers start
closing, this economy has gone too far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. Is there any place left in the
Dallas area where I can a wide variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,
Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 12:29*pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:
My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx (formerly Austin)
Hardwoods. *I drove by there last week and they had closed. *I went over to
Hardwood Lumber and they have moved and downsized to just a minimal selection.
Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year. *

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when my wood pushers start
closing, this economy has gone too far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. *Is there any place left in the
Dallas area where I can a wide variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,
Doug

Hardwood Lumber has moved? Not good. What about Austin Hardwoods?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Central Hardwoods
2605 Rodney
Dallas, TX 75229
972-241-3571

Just off Denton Dr. about a mile south of 635.

They are a wholesale distributor and will sell 50bd ft of hardwood and
single sheets of plywood. I suggest you call first as they have a "will
call" desk but I do not think they take walk in orders.

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx (formerly Austin)
Hardwoods. I drove by there last week and they had closed. I went over
Hardwood Lumber and they have moved and downsized to just a minimal
selection.
Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year.

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when my wood pushers
start
closing, this economy has gone too far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. Is there any place left
in the
Dallas area where I can a wide variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,
Doug

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx (formerly Austin)
Hardwoods. I drove by there last week and they had closed. I went over
Hardwood Lumber and they have moved and downsized to just a minimal
selection.
Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year.

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when my wood pushers
start
closing, this economy has gone too far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. Is there any place left
in the
Dallas area where I can a wide variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,
Doug

Sorry for the top posting. I'll try again.

Central Hardwoods
2605 Rodney
Dallas, TX 75229
972-241-3571

Just off Denton Dr. about a mile south of 635.

They are a wholesale distributor and will sell 50bd ft of hardwood and
single sheets of plywood. I suggest you call first as they have a "will
call" desk but I do not think they take walk in orders.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Hardwood Lumber has moved? Not good. What about Austin Hardwoods?

Closed as of January 5th according to the sign on the door.
-- Doug

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 4, 4:28*pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:
wrote:
Hardwood Lumber has moved? *Not good. *What about Austin Hardwoods?

Closed as of January 5th according to the sign on the door.
-- Doug

Austin is closed too? Or Hardwood closed Jan 5?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Hardwood Lumber has moved? *Not good. *What about Austin Hardwoods?

Closed as of January 5th according to the sign on the door.
-- Doug

Austin is closed too? *Or Hardwood closed Jan 5?

This is truly a sad day for me....
Posted to rec.woodworking

Douglas Johnson wrote in
:

My favorite hardwood vendor in Dallas has been Blue Linx
(formerly Austin) Hardwoods. I drove by there last week
and they had closed. I went over to Hardwood Lumber and
they have moved and downsized to just a minimal selection.
Curly Woods in McKinney closed last year.

I don't care if Lehman Brothers survives or not, but when
my wood pushers start closing, this economy has gone too
far.

I know about Wood World, Woodcraft, and Rockler. Is there
any place left in the Dallas area where I can a wide
variety of hardwood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,
Doug

I'm in the same boat as you, they were also my source. A
little searching turned up Central Hardwoods. They're located
a few blocks from where Blue Linx used to be but I haven't had
a chance to investigate yet. There's also Brazos Forest
Products off of 360 but the selection is sorely lacking. If
you find a decent supplier please post back for the benefit of
others.

Larry

Texas "Hill Country" woodworking ... or working to an 1/8th on a nippy Texas morning. Swingman Woodworking 13 January 23rd 09 09:58 PM
Metal Supplier near Dallas, Texas [email protected] Metalworking 8 December 20th 04 04:58 AM
need someone for flocking in Dallas [email protected] Woodworking 3 September 5th 04 07:19 PM
Dallas outlets? DrewMor Woodturning 2 November 15th 03 02:01 PM
WTB: Ladder in North Texas area (Dallas) Rei Home Repair 1 September 6th 03 08:23 PM