HomeBrewer

Default Painting MDF

I'm finishing a table I made from MDF. It is a card table and I want a
durable
HIGH gloss finish. What paint should I use and how should I apply it? Spray?
what kind of gun? Thanks...

--
HomeBrewer

http://home.earthlink.net/~t3e871/index.html
www.rcparkflyers.com
Remove the xxx to reply!

Rob V

First thing prime it w/ Kiltz or some type of primer.
Then paint it to your hearts content.
Spray will normally turn out better then a brush - but it also depends on
what you are going to paint it w/.

"HomeBrewer" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm finishing a table I made from MDF. It is a card table and I want a
durable
HIGH gloss finish. What paint should I use and how should I apply it?

Spray?
what kind of gun? Thanks...

--
HomeBrewer

http://home.earthlink.net/~t3e871/index.html
www.rcparkflyers.com
Remove the xxx to reply!

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 03:20:44 GMT, "HomeBrewer"
wrote:

I'm finishing a table I made from MDF. It is a card table and I want a
durable
HIGH gloss finish. What paint should I use and how should I apply it? Spray?
what kind of gun? Thanks...

Polyurethane paint, over a suitable primer. Spray if you wish, or
roll and back brush, or simply brush.

Jeff
NoNameAtAll

I just got done spraypainting a big piece of MDF for an activity table for my
son and I wish I had done two things differently. First, I should have sealed
it with some kind of primer because the surface is kind of porous. Second, I
wish I had applied the paint with a roller like I was painting a wall rather
than spraypainting it because the spraypaint ended up being kind of splotchy
and uneven.
Ryan Morin

I've painted MDF and had no problems just using 2 coats of Gliddan Latex paint.

Cold and Painting Stuart UK diy 3 February 28th 04 05:10 PM
compressor for auto painting dustin Metalworking 4 November 12th 03 06:33 PM
Painting a sash window... Adam UK diy 5 September 10th 03 04:53 PM