Posted to rec.woodworking
t t is offline

Default Pumpkin Time

I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight
the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. I would like to say goodbye to
all my friends and interlocutors.

I have not formulated a plan as to how to deal with this.

tom watson
Posted to rec.woodworking

t wrote in news:jq45g4td9eoljb0vfa1lpkpjifbfaikt4t@
4ax.com:

I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight
the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. I would like to say goodbye to
all my friends and interlocutors.

I have not formulated a plan as to how to deal with this.

tom watson

We'll miss you, tom.

I've been happy with Astraweb, $25 for now 160 GB of transfer. That'll
keep most people going for several years.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom, I just discovered the free Motzarella Usenet server for my QWest DSL
account, which has never had Usenet access, and it's working just fine for
me. Give it a try - it might work for you: http://www.motzarella.org

Tom Dacon

"t" wrote in message
I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight
the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. I would like to say goodbye to
all my friends and interlocutors.

I have not formulated a plan as to how to deal with this.

tom watson

Posted to rec.woodworking

If Tom went dark at midnight last night, he wouldn't have gotten this. If
any of you know his real email address, could you forward it to him for me,
please?

Thanks,
Tom Dacon

diainc...

"t" wrote in message
I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight
the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. I would like to say goodbye to
all my friends and interlocutors.

I have not formulated a plan as to how to deal with this.

tom watson

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
diainc...
Tom, I just discovered the free Motzarella Usenet server for my QWest DSL
account, which has never had Usenet access, and it's working just fine for
me. Give it a try - it might work for you: http://www.motzarella.org

I just tried registering at motzarella.org and it keeps rejecting my
att.net email address.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Dave in Houston" wrote in
:

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
diainc...
Tom, I just discovered the free Motzarella Usenet server for my QWest
DSL account, which has never had Usenet access, and it's working just
fine for me. Give it a try - it might work for you:
http://www.motzarella.org

I just tried registering at motzarella.org and it keeps rejecting
my
att.net email address.

Dave in Houston

I (apparently) had no problem wit my gmail address ...

As others have remarked, it might be good to get an address that is NOT
associated with your ISP, since ISP should be regarded as disposable.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 24, 10:35*pm, t wrote:
I believe, unless I am in error, that this evening at 12:00 midnight
the Comcast feed of Usenet is over. *I would like to say goodbye to
all my friends and interlocutors.

I have not formulated a plan as to how to deal with this.

tom watson

Well, you could always do what us internet challenged ones do and go
direct to Google.
I'm more or less caught in a catch-22 fix. Operating on a Verizon
aircard, still using my old madbbs.com ISP for e-mail, but although
they(madbbs) have newsgroups, I can't access them because their NG
service won't allow access from a second party ISP.
Norm
Posted to rec.woodworking

Being on Comcast, not sure if this will make it out -- one consideration
is to NOT
use any news service (or email) related to Google -- there are a lot of
people out
there who are totally fed up with the amount of spam/porn/junk that
comes out of
google and simply block ALL posts from Google related email and news so
they
never see anything from there. Just a consideration.

mikey

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
diainc...
If Tom went dark at midnight last night, he wouldn't have gotten this.
If any of you know his real email address, could you forward it to him
for me, please?

Thanks,
Tom Dacon

diainc...

The Pumpkin Patch GROVER Woodworking 8 June 6th 08 12:47 AM
Pumpkin cutter Nick UK diy 9 April 20th 06 01:16 PM
Pictures of pumpkin cannon Artemia Salina Metalworking 3 October 16th 05 03:08 PM
Pictures of pumpkin cannon Wayne Cook Metalworking 0 October 16th 05 02:45 AM
How carve a pumpkin Stormin Mormon Home Repair 0 October 16th 05 01:32 AM