Vika scaffold at Costco

Old June 27th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Vika scaffold at Costco

Some months back a local Costco had this scaffold/table on display as a new
item to arrive soon, then they pulled the display and said there were none
on order, today they had them for sale for $89.99 so I grabbed one.
Interesting design, I suspect I'll use it more for extra space for assembly,
glue-ups and so on than as a scaffold. Nice and sturdy, seems well made
although snapping the braces for the legs into place offers opportunities
for pinched fingers. I suppose the built-in yardstick and protractor are
more gimmicks, but the power strip and tool/parts tray seem like good ideas.
A shop purchase the wife thinks was a good idea, can't argue with that.

http://www.vikausa.com/

Old June 27th 08, 09:17 AM posted to rec.woodworking

"DGDevin" wrote:

Some months back a local Costco had this scaffold/table on display as
a new item to arrive soon, then they pulled the display and said there
were none on order, today they had them for sale for $89.99 so I
grabbed one. Interesting design, I suspect I'll use it more for extra
space for assembly, glue-ups and so on than as a scaffold. Nice and
sturdy, seems well made although snapping the braces for the legs into
place offers opportunities for pinched fingers. I suppose the
built-in yardstick and protractor are more gimmicks, but the power
strip and tool/parts tray seem like good ideas. A shop purchase the
wife thinks was a good idea, can't argue with that.

http://www.vikausa.com/

How do those folks in the ad get up onto the 'scaffold', jump or step on
the leg braces?

Couldn't find the yardstick ot protractor.
Old June 27th 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Lobby Dosser wrote:

How do those folks in the ad get up onto the 'scaffold', jump or step
on the leg braces?

Couldn't find the yardstick ot protractor.

The stretchers between the legs are intended as steps although I'd just as
soon climb straight onto the platform seeing as how I'm equipped with long
limbs. The yardsticks and protractor are printed right on the work surface,
the protractor is located around the drill-thru hole.