Posted to rec.woodworking

Default good deal on SHOPNOTES subscription or renewal

I emailed ShopNotes and they confirmed this offer so if you are a
current subscriber or are interested in plans/ideas for shop projects
and jig this may be for you.

watch the wrap:
https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/WS/SHN/SH...mag_code =SHN

tiny:
http://tinyurl.com/5ycfah

tiny w/preview:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/5ycfah
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
I emailed ShopNotes and they confirmed this offer so if you are a
current subscriber or are interested in plans/ideas for shop projects
and jig this may be for you.

I learned that often the best offer is at their site. When they send you a
letter for renewal it often is not as good. I simply request to renew at
the rate being offered on their site for new subscribers. Because I have
too many copies of their free books anyway I simply tell them that I am only
interested in the subscription and index, not the give away stuff.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 26, 9:23*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Limp Arbor" wrote in message

I emailed ShopNotes and they confirmed this offer so if you are a
current subscriber or are interested in plans/ideas for shop projects
and jig this may be for you.

I learned that often the best offer is at their site. *When they send you a
letter for renewal it often is not as good. *I simply request to renew at
the rate being offered on their site for new subscribers. *Because I have
too many copies of their free books anyway I simply tell them that I am only
interested in the subscription and index, not the give away stuff.

You're correct. If you go to their site (www.shopnotes.com) and click
the subscribe button you get the offer I posted above (2 years for
$28). But if you click the renew a subscription button they offer you
a 2 year renewal for $39.

Thanks for the tip. When my other magazine comes up I'll do the same.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 9:23 am, "Leon" wrote:
"Limp Arbor" wrote in message

[...]

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

They list various offers for each magazine. Unfortunately, they don't list
Shopnotes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 26, 10:34 am, "Lee Michaels" wrote:

Another approach is to renew at a magazine discount subscription site and
tell them it is a renewal. The firm I use for most of my subscriptions is ;

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

They list various offers for each magazine. Unfortunately, they don't list
Shopnotes.

That's a really good site - thanks for posting the link. eBay also
has those discount consolidators (I think that's how they can offer
such low prices). You can get really amazing deals - not every
magazine, and some of the discounts aren't killer, but it's one of my
favorite stocking stuffer presents. A gift that keeps on giving, it
doesn't cost very much and I can shop while I'm holding a beer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RicodJour" wrote

On Jun 26, 10:34 am, "Lee Michaels" wrote:

Another approach is to renew at a magazine discount subscription site and
tell them it is a renewal. The firm I use for most of my subscriptions
is ;

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

They list various offers for each magazine. Unfortunately, they don't
list
Shopnotes.

That's a really good site - thanks for posting the link. eBay also
has those discount consolidators (I think that's how they can offer
such low prices). You can get really amazing deals - not every
magazine, and some of the discounts aren't killer, but it's one of my
favorite stocking stuffer presents. A gift that keeps on giving, it
doesn't cost very much and I can shop while I'm holding a beer.

That is right. I subscribe to some computer magazines. At the newstand
some of them are seven bucks an issue. I have been able to get some of them
down to twenty five cents an issue for the exact same thing.

The only downside is that they often take three months or more to start
sending out the magazines.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 26, 2:35 pm, "Lee Michaels" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote

[...]

Ummm, patience is a virtue...?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:42:28 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

Ummm, patience is a virtue...?

I think patience is a virgin,
cuz I sure ain't gettin' any..