Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman 15in variable speed wood lathe

Does anyone have any experience with this tool?
Any good or bad points?
If not this one, any other Craftsman lathes?

There is one listed on Craigslist in my area.

Thanks for any advise

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"dabears525" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this tool?
Any good or bad points?
If not this one, any other Craftsman lathes?

There is one listed on Craigslist in my area.

Thanks for any advise

Which model? There are several. If it's one of the ones with metal tubes
for the lathe bed. You can do better. Also see rec.crafts.woodturning
for more info

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 9, 8:33 am, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article ,

--

The electronically variable speed model has cast iron rails. It takes
a bit of tune-up but is a decent lathe. The tubed kind is OK, but