Paul

Default link belts

I have the Delta 12" variable speed drill press and was wondering if the
link belt is usable on these types of drill presses. Thanks.
--
Paul

W Chan

I asked this question recently and found the answer while working with
Grizzly customer support on my drill press vibration.

The standard link belts that you see at Rockler, Woodcraft, Tool crib,
etc... are all 1/2", which works great for table saws, bandsaws, and other
larger equipment. But for my poor little 8" drill press, I needed a smaller
link belt. Apparently, Grizzly is the only place I've seen that sells a 3/8"
link belt that will fit my small drill press.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...emnumber=G3639

Not sure if this will fit your 12" delta, but it's worth checking out at
least.

-Winthrop

"Paul" wrote in message
I have the Delta 12" variable speed drill press and was wondering if the
link belt is usable on these types of drill presses. Thanks.
--
Paul

Leslie Gossett

3/8" PowerTwist link-belts can be purchased at McMaster-Carr:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Search for "Twist Lock" or "Adjustable-Length Belting" Part Number 6173K36
for 3/8".

Leslie

--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.