Tom Watson

Default FS: Williams and Hussey Molder Planer

W7S

2hp Baldor Motor.
Switch.
HTC Stand.
Original Unused Planer Knives
Elliptical Jig.

Schmidt Knives

WHM75 (Bed).
WHWM49 (3-1/2 Crown).
WHDY47 (4-1/2 Crown.
WHDY45 (5-1/2 Crown).
CBBR401 (3-1/4 Casing).
W16722 (4-1/2 Casing).
WHWM163 (Base Cap).
WHWM133 (Astragal).
WHBN100oop (1/4 Bead).
WHBN101opp (3/8 Bead).
WHBN102opp (1/2 Bead).
WHP115 (Bead Board).
WHA101 (Relief Cutter).
WHA38L (Crown Back Cutter).
WHA52R (Crown Back Cutter).

Total $3000.00 (Does not include shipping.

610-940-0546

George M. Kazaka

Default Williams and Hussey Molder Planer

Tom I have contiplated that machine for years
But have never got around to buyinmg one,
No I'm not interested, just curious as to why you are selling it.

George
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
s.com...
[...]

Tom Watson

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:10:42 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"
wrote:

Tom I have contiplated that machine for years
But have never got around to buyinmg one,
No I'm not interested, just curious as to why you are selling it.

I've been moving from architectural woodworking towards furniture
making and, while the WH is a fantastic machine, I can't afford to
keep it around as sculpture.

I figured I'd put this equipment up on the NG first, before listing it
with my suppliers. Once this stuff gets on their list is won't last a
week.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
George M. Kazaka

I do both and as i have been getting older, SHHHHH don't tell anyone I also
have been leaning more to furniture, but that would be no reason to get rid
of the machine, just some of the knives you have

Even with my shaper i never buy ready made knives of standard shapes, I have
always designed my own and had them ground I still get them not far from
you, a company called CAYCE just outside of baltimore cost for 5/16"
corrugated back knives are 20.00 per inch.

I have some light blades that i grind myself for short runs,
I use only one knife in the head and a almost balancer in the other slot.

The only thing I do not like about the W&H and a lot of other standard knife
machines is the limit on the depth of cut,
I tend to like a moulding to stand out as a moulding not a few scratches on
the wood.

Later,
George
s.com...
wrote:

Tom I have contiplated that machine for years
But have never got around to buyinmg one,
No I'm not interested, just curious as to why you are selling it.

I've been moving from architectural woodworking towards furniture
making and, while the WH is a fantastic machine, I can't afford to
keep it around as sculpture.

I figured I'd put this equipment up on the NG first, before listing it
with my suppliers. Once this stuff gets on their list is won't last a
week.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Tom Watson

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:43:16 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"
wrote:

I do both and as i have been getting older, SHHHHH don't tell anyone I also
have been leaning more to furniture, but that would be no reason to get rid
of the machine, just some of the knives you have

The molder was purchased to do the larger work that my shaper couldn't
do. Crown moldings, radiused and elliptical casings, etc.

All of the work that I will be doing in the future is within the
abilities of the shaper that I have, and some molding planes that I've
been aquiring.

Even with my shaper i never buy ready made knives of standard shapes, I have
always designed my own and had them ground I still get them not far from
you, a company called CAYCE just outside of baltimore cost for 5/16"
corrugated back knives are 20.00 per inch.

I have some light blades that i grind myself for short runs,
I use only one knife in the head and a almost balancer in the other slot.

The only thing I do not like about the W&H and a lot of other standard knife
machines is the limit on the depth of cut,
I tend to like a moulding to stand out as a moulding not a few scratches on
the wood.

You might want to check out the profile selection from someone like
Schmidt, for the WH Molder. I've a couple of casing knives meant for
5/4 stock that are pretty high relief.