solarman

Default Scroll Saw Semi-Gloat?

I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Delta scroll saw
for $59.00... It isn't a variable speed, but what the heck, its a
scroll saw.... I didn't have one. Now I do..

bob

I got that same scroll saw at Lowes back early this year for $39.00.
N-y-y-a-a-a-a-h-h!!

For what it does, I think it's a good price even at $59.

"solarman" wrote in message
I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Delta scroll saw
for $59.00... It isn't a variable speed, but what the heck, its a
scroll saw.... I didn't have one. Now I do..

solarman

Dang! Why didn't ya tell somebody! grin I figure for what I'm
gonna do with it, it will pay for itself pretty quick... gonna
make some templates to route numbers on mailbox posts in a big
subdivision. There will be a bunch of them I am sure so those
templates will save me a lot of time...(nobody had any 3" ones)

"solarman" wrote in message
I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Delta scroll

saw
for $59.00... It isn't a variable speed, but what the heck,

its a
scroll saw.... I didn't have one. Now I do..

Grandpa

Were you the guy looking for 3" high numbers for a template? If you
have trouble finding the outlines for them try using the black plastic
stick-on numbers for house numbers or boats. They come in 3" sizes.

"bob" wrote in message

I got that same scroll saw at Lowes back early this year for

$39.00.

N-y-y-a-a-a-a-h-h!!

For what it does, I think it's a good price even at $59.

"solarman" wrote in message
.. .

I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Delta scroll

saw

for $59.00... It isn't a variable speed, but what the heck,

its a

scroll saw.... I didn't have one. Now I do..

solarman

Yep that was me. I ended up hunting down a font or two that came
close to the numbers and bumped them up to a little bigger than 3"
and printed them out. I just got the scroll saw tonight but plan
to cut them out tomorrow on some 1/4" lexaa and build a jig to
hold the templates to route by...

Thats a good idea too with the stick on numbers...

"bob" wrote in message

I got that same scroll saw at Lowes back early this year for

$39.00.

N-y-y-a-a-a-a-h-h!!

For what it does, I think it's a good price even at $59.

"solarman" wrote in message
.. .

I just got back from Lowes where I picked up a Delta scroll

saw

for $59.00... It isn't a variable speed, but what the heck,

its a

scroll saw.... I didn't have one. Now I do..

Bison lathe chuck: how much scroll friction is normal? David Malicky Metalworking 6 July 18th 04 11:39 PM
Help cutting brass with a scroll saw NokNokMan Metalworking 9 October 24th 03 01:55 AM
Gloat, gloat, gloat Joe C Woodworking 10 October 24th 03 12:24 AM
scroll bending jig Keith Marshall Metalworking 0 July 10th 03 01:57 AM