Joe Nation

Default Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5

Having spent the last half hour with google looking up the difference
between the new Delta X5 Unisaw and the older Delta Unisaw line. I am still
confused. What is the difference in the these two saws? Or is the only
difference in them the 5 year warrenty and the higher price for X5 line. Is
a tool base for the Delta X5 Unisaw with a 50" besseymer fence include as a
purchase incentive? Any help would be appreciated since I have been
considering the purchase of one of these saws for Christmas.

--
Joe Nation Assistant Superintendent - Retired
Ballinger, Texas 76821

Roy Smith

In article , "Joe Nation"
wrote:

Having spent the last half hour with google looking up the difference
between the new Delta X5 Unisaw and the older Delta Unisaw line. I am still
confused. What is the difference in the these two saws? Or is the only
difference in them the 5 year warrenty and the higher price for X5 line. Is
a tool base for the Delta X5 Unisaw with a 50" besseymer fence include as a
purchase incentive? Any help would be appreciated since I have been
considering the purchase of one of these saws for Christmas.

As far as I can tell, the X5 name is purely a marketing thing. You get
the 5 year warrenty, and your choice from a short menu of incentives,
but the machine itself is identical to last year's model.
DarylRos

The X5 is Delta's way of having yuo spend more money. You get the same saw,
plus a bunch of coupons you can use to buy some more tools that you either
already have (since a Unisaw is not an entry level tool), or some you have no
need of.

They are not rebates, just a "discount" of some merchandise
Swingman

FWIW, a few months back, the guy that I buy all my tools from locally, a
large Delta dealer here in Houston, swears that there is NO difference in
the X5 UniSaw, other than the warranty/price. We were specifically
discussing the UniSaw and Delta's 6" and 8" jointers at the time.

I believe him on this issue .. I've done too much business with them for him
not be straight with me. However, considering Delta's recent history, I
would expect that could change without warning.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

"Joe Nation" wrote in message
Having spent the last half hour with google looking up the difference
between the new Delta X5 Unisaw and the older Delta Unisaw line. I am

still
confused. What is the difference in the these two saws? Or is the only
difference in them the 5 year warrenty and the higher price for X5 line.

Is
a tool base for the Delta X5 Unisaw with a 50" besseymer fence include as

purchase incentive? Any help would be appreciated since I have been
considering the purchase of one of these saws for Christmas.

--
Joe Nation Assistant Superintendent - Retired
Ballinger, Texas 76821

David F. Eisan

Same **** different colour, I am a Delta dealer...

Steve Turner

Looks like Woodworker's Supply has a pretty good deal on pre-X5 limited edition
Unisaws right now:

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPR...36-841&ov=6102

Joe Nation wrote:
Having spent the last half hour with google looking up the difference
between the new Delta X5 Unisaw and the older Delta Unisaw line. I am still
confused. What is the difference in the these two saws? Or is the only
difference in them the 5 year warrenty and the higher price for X5 line. Is
a tool base for the Delta X5 Unisaw with a 50" besseymer fence include as a
purchase incentive? Any help would be appreciated since I have been
considering the purchase of one of these saws for Christmas.

--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

Rrniemiec

Same saw, longer warranty, coupon book. Unless you get some sort of deal on the
saw, the warranty extension is not worth the extra money as if something is
going to go wrong, it will go wrong in the first year or so. However, I just
bought the "x" version of the 15 inch planer, and you get a choice of a mobile
base for the machine, a delta cordless drill, or a Porter Cable 690 router as a
free promotion. Same deal with the unisaw. I took the router, its a $140
item. I'd wait for a wood show if I were you, I went to the Ft. Washington PA
show and got pricing on the planer and a DJ-20 8" jointer equal to that of
amazon.com, plus free mobile bases, plus the router, and free delivery of the
machines. Good luck.