Posted to rec.woodworking

Default nail gun fun?

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/phot...nailed?cnn=yes

Posted to rec.woodworking

Peter Huebner wrote:

Yupp. The ones capable of 'bump nailing' are much more dangerous than the other
kind (forget what it's called).

Yep. But it's impressive to watch an experienced roofer with a bump gun.

Of course, you really want to hope that they're hitting the trusses....

Chris
Posted to rec.woodworking

David wrote:
snip
Thanks for the reminder that nailgun safeties are far from foolproof,
and they can cause some big injuries. Especially to the hand holding the
wood, and (for some reason) to the thigh and knee. I'm not quite sure
how you get hit in the head, but I'm sure people find ways.

David S.

I almost copped it in the head while framing a house. My brother was
nailing 2 90x45's together when the nail deflected off a knot hidden
inside the timber. The nail must have moved about 12 inches from its
intended direction the knot separated the 2 pieces of pine and ended up
about 45 degrees from where it should have gone. Now I have learned my
lesson and don't place myself or anyone else within 180 degrees, forward
of the gun.

Andrew

Oil in the nail gun [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 9th 07 05:45 PM
Anyone used new B&Q 18V Nail gun? James UK diy 12 November 21st 06 10:03 PM
Which Nail Gun? poolq2010 Woodworking 11 February 9th 06 12:01 PM
concrete nails/coil nail/roofing nail/umbrella nail Bruce Chow Home Repair 0 November 22nd 05 02:32 AM
Is there a difference btw a Finish nail gun and Brad nail gun? dteckie Woodworking 4 September 10th 04 12:03 PM