Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Porter Cable Brad Nailer problems

Model BN200A.

Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2" Porter
Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a problem?
Total usage is maybe 3 clips of nails, but, it is way out of warranty.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 19, 11:02 pm, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
Model BN200A.

Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2" Porter
Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a problem?
Total usage is maybe 3 clips of nails, but, it is way out of warranty.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Sometimes my nailers (regardless if size) will do that. It has been
something in the feed mechanism exactly one time, and off sized
fasteners all the rest.

Make sure your feed mechanism is very clean and that the ways on the
magazine are as well. Try another brand or batch of brads and I'll
bet your problems will go away.

Unless I am concerned that I am buying nothing but trash, I don't pay
that much attention to brand names anymore, especially one like Porter
Cable. They all use jobbers to make their products and almost all of
those consumables come out of the same place with a different label.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 19, 9:02 pm, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
Model BN200A.

Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2" Porter
Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a problem?
Total usage is maybe 3 clips of nails, but, it is way out of warranty.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

turn up the air pressure. you are running just low enough that the gun
doesn't have enough pressure left after the nail to complete the
return stroke.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 19, 9:02 pm, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:
Model BN200A.

Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2"
Porter
Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a problem?
Total usage is maybe 3 clips of nails, but, it is way out of warranty.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

turn up the air pressure. you are running just low enough that the gun
doesn't have enough pressure left after the nail to complete the
return stroke.

Excellent point. I have seen that happen, not to me of course, someone in
my garage using my gun. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Model BN200A.

Gun shoots EXACTLY every other time. I keep it oiled and am using 2"
Porter Cable brand brads. I lost the nose cushion, could that create a
problem? Total usage is maybe 3 clips of nails, but, it is way out of
warranty.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Thanks everybody!! Turning up the pressure solved the problem.

Ivan Vegvary