Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Tools/Toys Made in China

With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:35:40 -0700, trvlnmny wrote:

With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Why do you ask?

Which news?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:35:40 -0700, trvlnmny wrote:

With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Why do you ask?

Which news?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Bitch to all the U S companies who are having their tools made in China.
China is making very little tools on their own.
I always read the labels first, then I decide if I want the item. The only
Asian tools I half trust is Taiwan's tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:57:48 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:35:40 -0700, trvlnmny wrote:

With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Why do you ask?

Which news?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Bitch to all the U S companies who are having their tools made in China.
China is making very little tools on their own.
I always read the labels first, then I decide if I want the item. The only
Asian tools I half trust is Taiwan's tools.

Interesting.. you might try replying to the OP once in a while, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:35:40 -0700, trvlnmny wrote:

With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Why do you ask?

Which news?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Bitch to all the U S companies who are having their tools made in China.
China is making very little tools on their own.
I always read the labels first, then I decide if I want the item. The
only Asian tools I half trust is Taiwan's tools.

How about Japanese? I LOVE their machinist tools.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 17, 11:35 pm, trvlnmny wrote:
With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Must be THIS news from CNBC:

http://tinyurl.com/2l7lbo

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 17, 11:35 pm, trvlnmny wrote:
With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Must be THIS news from CNBC:

http://tinyurl.com/2l7lbo

WOW! I hadn't seen that one. I am glad to know that China is doing us a
favor by selling poisonous goods to us to keep prices at Wal-mart low.
Maybe by getting rid of the surplus population there will be more for those
who are left? More houses per capita mean lower housing cost, more of
everything so prices are lower, wow what a world!

Posted to rec.woodworking

That depends on what you buy. China can make exce4llent quality tools, and
China can make Junk, depending on what you are interested in paying for. If
you pay for quality you get quality.
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:35:40 -0700, trvlnmny wrote:

With all the news about the quality of the products coming from China
what should we be concerned about in our woodworking toys.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bradford Chaucer wrote:
That depends on what you buy. China can make exce4llent quality
tools, and China can make Junk, depending on what you are interested
in paying for. If you pay for quality you get quality.

No, if you _contract_ for quality, inspect, and hold them to the
contract then you get quality. If you pay a high price and don't do
your end of the QC job, you get high-priced junk.

It's not just the Chinese who work that way. When Jaguar finally
implemented receiving inspection on their electrical components they
ended up rejecting almost all of what the Prince of Darkness shipped
them. That story is famous in automotive circles--I understand that
Lucas nearly went bankrupt before they got their own quality control
up to snuff.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 17:00:55 -0400, Bradford Chaucer
wrote:

That depends on what you buy. China can make exce4llent quality tools, and
China can make Junk, depending on what you are interested in paying for. If
you pay for quality you get quality.

Just like every other country out there. The U.S. can make excellent
quality or we can make junk.