Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need info on a Jet Table Saw

I just picked a used JET table saw for next to nothing but I cant find any
information on it.
The model number is CTAS-150 and the stock number is 708519. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

JS wrote:
I just picked a used JET table saw for next to nothing but I cant find any
information on it.
The model number is CTAS-150 and the stock number is 708519. Any information
would be greatly appreciated.

www.jettools.com

I would presume they have old gear user manuals available altho I don't
have any Jet-branded stuff so haven't looked specifically...

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"JS" wrote in message
I just picked a used JET table saw for next to nothing but I cant find any
information on it.
The model number is CTAS-150 and the stock number is 708519. Any
information would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, all the information that you really need is on the saw.
1) What size of saw blade (probably 10 inch)
2) What is the motor rating?
3) What kind of fence?
4) Right or left tilt ?
5) Is it a contractor or cabinet saw?

Somebody else will need to tell you about how old the saw is. Saws really
rarely wear out unless they are used
in a shop. For example, my Sears saw is over 50 years old and going strong.
All that wears out are bearings, and they can be replaced.
Jim