Junior Member

Location: southern oklahoma
Default alternatives to featherboards

Greetings,

I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but can't remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer suggestions or information on where to find an article on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
aperkins61
Posted to rec.woodworking

"aperkins61" wrote in message

Greetings,

I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but can't
remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer suggestions or
information on where to find an article on this, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
aperkins61

Maybe Board Buddies?
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...rings_id=11262

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

todd wrote:
"aperkins61" wrote in message

Greetings,

I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but
can't remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer
suggestions or information on where to find an article on this, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
aperkins61

Maybe Board Buddies?
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...rings_id=11262

todd

Wow, are those overpriced!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:31:27 +0100, aperkins61
wrote:

Greetings,

I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but can't
remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer suggestions or
information on where to find an article on this, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
aperkins61

I just ordered these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,42363,42356

looking forward to trying them out on the TS and maybe the band saw...

If I like them, they also sell just the "switches", the magnet and screw
assembly, without the feather board parts....
they look pretty cool for making jigs..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

on 6/17/2007 8:31 PM aperkins61 said the following:
Greetings,

I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but can't
remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer suggestions or
information on where to find an article on this, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
aperkins61

I have these:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...BVCookie= Yes
or
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dj4ue

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:22:08 -0700, mac davis
wrote:
I just ordered these:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,42363,42356

looking forward to trying them out on the TS and maybe the band saw...

If I like them, they also sell just the "switches", the magnet and screw
assembly, without the feather board parts....
they look pretty cool for making jigs..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I think you'll like them. I have one and use it whenever appropriate.
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to aperkins61, Ted Williams wrote:
aperkins61.2sct5o wrote:

Greetings,
I have seen alternative methods to featherboards in magazines but can'
remember where or exactly what. If anyone can offer suggestions o
information on where to find an article on this, I would greatl
appreciate it.
Thanks,
aperkins6
--
aperkins61

I am associated with a new company, New Guilds, that is introducing an
entire line of stock support systems to be released about December or
January.
The systems are for bandsaws, table saws, jointers and router tables. The
heart of the systems are large one-way rollers both in wide and narrow
sizes and a freewheel roller tailored to resawing on the bandsaw and a s a
secondary roller used in series with the one-way rollers. All parts of the
support systems are interchangeable. The systems are not cheap, but being
built of structural aluminum, stainless steel and large high quality
bearings and hardware, the tools are built to last a lifetime use.
I have I have extensively used the systems, as have several of what I call
professional amateurs, that are going to market. They are strong, set-up
in seconds, safe, and offer a usability that far exceeds anything else.
I have attached several photos of these systems. If you are interested in
more information please email me your name, address woodworking interest
and email address at . And you will receive our catalog
and be notified of the videos from a number of national woodworks as they
are released on the net.
My name is Ted Williams. I have 50+ years in the fine woodworking and the
millwork crafts. I have built furniture, historical houses (new and
Restoration) as well as fine arts pieces. I was the primary designer and
lead craftsman at my firm before retiring. My work may be seen at
www.newguilgwoodworking.com.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ted Williams wrote:

I am associated with a new company, New Guilds, that is introducing an
entire line of stock support systems to be released about December or
January.

Hey Ted - you should learn that spamming newsgroups or internet forums is
not a very good way to develop good will.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike ...

Take a few minutes to look at the vids. This is pretty cool stuff.

Larry
Junior Member

Location: United States

Now I'm torn between just putting a few bricks on the ends to shift the
webs over or cutting off the anchors and planting new ones. Economic
sense says bricks. Lust for an SDS drill says new anchors. Decisions,
decisions .for more details click here

Magnetic Featherboards Ogee Woodworking 10 November 19th 06 09:12 AM
scroll saw alternatives [email protected] Woodworking 10 January 27th 06 05:49 PM
featherboards CNT Woodworking 14 July 1st 05 03:52 PM
Magnetic Featherboards ? stoutman Woodworking 24 February 15th 05 05:43 PM