Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pilot Bit and Driver Bit Combo

Not sure if this interests anyone, but it did me.

Watching Norm always makes me go out and try new toys. I was
especially interested in the combo set he has that he uses on his PC
drill to Pilot and counter bore holes and then to drive the screws,
all with very little tool change.

I have tried the Ryobi (garbage), DeWalt (umm, slow and cumberson) and
the Hitatchi (works well but the dill bits must be torqued down like
the suspension bolts on my Jeep.

Last night I found the exact tool that he uses. www.jackrabbittool.com
sells their Jack Rabbit Deluxe Set for $59.95. My order will go in
next week.

If anyone has this and has tried it, please let me know what you think
of it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 13, 9:44 am, Neillarson wrote:
Not sure if this interests anyone, but it did me.

Watching Norm always makes me go out and try new toys. I was
especially interested in the combo set he has that he uses on his PC
drill to Pilot and counter bore holes and then to drive the screws,
all with very little tool change.

I have tried the Ryobi (garbage), DeWalt (umm, slow and cumberson) and
the Hitatchi (works well but the dill bits must be torqued down like
the suspension bolts on my Jeep.

Last night I found the exact tool that he uses.www.jackrabbittool.com
sells their Jack Rabbit Deluxe Set for $59.95. My order will go in
next week.

If anyone has this and has tried it, please let me know what you think
of it.

I use a set almost identical to this that I got from Sears.
http://www.montanabrandtools.com/pag...BTProduct.aspx

I like that the drilling attachment flips and you drive with the other
end. Less chance of having to look for the drill attachment...

Main drawback is the length when in tight spots.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:48:58 -0400, "Stephen M"
wrote:

I find that a second cordless drill is a much more flexible solution to the
problem.

My solution also.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:30:36 -0700, RayV
wrote:

I use a set almost identical to this that I got from Sears.
http://www.montanabrandtools.com/pag...BTProduct.aspx

I like that the drilling attachment flips and you drive with the other
end. Less chance of having to look for the drill attachment...

Main drawback is the length when in tight spots.

Looking through their website I see self centering plug cutters. I
don't think I've ever seen those before.