A.I.

Default Please accept my apologies...Forgive me finish gods!

Recently I have been re-energized in my life long passion of woodworking.
It's been many of you on this group that have got me through my most
stubborn phase of disliking the finishing work, after all the sawdust has
flown! This along with my appreciation as I have got older of Wood's
natural bueaty, has brought me to this point of asking for forgiveness....

Recently I finsihed a few major/minor projects

Oak Decorative frames - tung Oil Finish
Mahogany shadow box - Tung Oil finish
Cherry Shadow Box - Shellac finish
Cherry Picture frame - Shellac finish
Cherry Shadow Box - Tried & True Original finish
Oak Sofa Table - Tried and True Varnish Oil

Thus....the point....

PLEASE...FINISH GODS...OR WHOEVER WILL LISTEN....

Forgive me for every using STAIN, especially Golden Oak, Red Cherry, Black
Walnut, Elnglish walnut, Red Mahogany...etc. etc., and an POLY as well!

Oils are the way to go...no question asked! After I finished rubbing the
first coat of T&T Varnish on my Sofa Table, I went to my finish cabinet, and
rid it of all these "Stains"

I am fully and officially healed...no I only hope I can be forgiven!

hda

jo4hn

Where IS Jummy? Anybody seen the patron saint of stain and poly?
Shoot, if he isn't going to do something about this blasphemous
behavior, one of you disciples out there will have to. ;-)
mahalo,
jo4hn

A.I. wrote:
[snip] PLEASE...FINISH GODS...OR WHOEVER WILL LISTEN....

Forgive me for every using STAIN, especially Golden Oak, Red Cherry, Black
Walnut, Elnglish walnut, Red Mahogany...etc. etc., and an POLY as well!

Oils are the way to go...no question asked! After I finished rubbing the
first coat of T&T Varnish on my Sofa Table, I went to my finish cabinet, and
rid it of all these "Stains"

I am fully and officially healed...no I only hope I can be forgiven!

hda

Young Carpenter

My child,
It is not the stains that you use that are evil. but how they were used.
Confess now if you stained cherry or the penance will become harsher the
longer you hold back.

--
Young Carpenter

plenty of practice, and you usually make way more noise than intended"

"A.I." wrote in message
[...]

Ramsey

Oh, let it not be said that he used "stain" on cherry? Forewhence
shall penance be made? Thou foolish boy. May they sit and eat off
stained cherry the rest of thee life and let not a smile cross it. And
send me the rest 'fore you screw it up too!