Reid Jig & Fixture Catalog PDF download available

Old May 10th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Reid Jig & Fixture Catalog PDF download available

I know that jigs are a popular subject in this forum.

I came across this when looking for something else. I have used Reid before
to replace hand wheels on old iron.

The request catalog page is here,

http://reidecom.reidtool.com/xephr/edit/CATALOG_REQUEST

They have four catalogs. All are available as downloadable PDF files.

The jig and fixture catalog PDF download site is.

https://www.reidtool.com/catalog/jnf06/jnf06.pdf

It is a 68 page publication.

This may be overkill for most. But it wouldn't hurt to have this publication
around to steal some ideas on more ordinary jigs.

Old May 10th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

https://www.reidtool.com/catalog/jnf06/jnf06.pdf

Nice link!

Thanks for posting it.
Old May 10th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

This may be overkill for most. But it wouldn't hurt to have this

publication
around to steal some ideas on more ordinary jigs.

Got it, saved it ... thanks!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Old May 10th 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

I know that jigs are a popular subject in this forum.

I came across this when looking for something else. I have used Reid before
to replace hand wheels on old iron.

The request catalog page is here,

http://reidecom.reidtool.com/xephr/edit/CATALOG_REQUEST

They have four catalogs. All are available as downloadable PDF files.

The jig and fixture catalog PDF download site is.

https://www.reidtool.com/catalog/jnf06/jnf06.pdf

It is a 68 page publication.

This may be overkill for most. But it wouldn't hurt to have this publication
around to steal some ideas on more ordinary jigs.

VERY useful. Thank you kindly, sir.

Old May 10th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

This may be overkill for most. But it wouldn't hurt to have this

publication
around to steal some ideas for more ordinary jigs.

Got it, saved it ... thanks!

Sure thing Swingman.

I knew that somebody would find this useful. The Reid people saved my ass a
couple times. They are good people.

I have worked with a lot of folks over the years who build prototypes of
various kinds. The Reid catalog is a standard on their catalog and
reference shelf. This jig and fixture catalog must be a new thing. I have
not seen it before.

You do realize, of course, that if you build anything with these parts, you
will be obligated share all the juicy details with us. ;-)

Old May 10th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

VERY useful. Thank you kindly, sir.

You are welcome sir.

I confess to knowing nothing of the countertop business. Just what do you
use jigs for?

I have this vision of you using your Incredible Hulk sanding machine on a
one ton countertop. You wouldn't need a jig for that!

Old May 10th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On May 10, 10:58 am, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

VERY useful. Thank you kindly, sir.

You are welcome sir.

I confess to knowing nothing of the countertop business. Just what do you
use jigs for?

I have this vision of you using your Incredible Hulk sanding machine on a
one ton countertop. You wouldn't need a jig for that!

I do a lot of things besides countertops, although that is the bulk of
my income these days. I still use a lot of jigs for sink and cook-top
cut-outs. Locator plates for threaded inserts to mount undermounted
sinks.. that sorta rot.
Those types of catalogues are often the source of ideas as well: "if I
hookup the thingema to a jig via a giggle-pin..." you know, that sorta
thing.