Unisaw A100

Default Starrett

The newspaper ad read:

Machinist Tools:
Kennedy Roller Cabinet
Starrett
Mitutoya
Brown & Sharp

The number was called, the location found.

Total out of pocket expense - $10

Total time elapsed - 2 hours

Found was an 18" Starrett combination square blade
(I have extra heads for this very reason).

The Wall of Starrett is closer to being completed.

the head droops, the arm goes slack, the tourniquet
drops to the floor as the mind is enveloped in a light
haze of rust...

UA100

Unisaw A100

Davey wrote:
and another hour bragging about it

Only took a minute or few to *brag* about it Davey.

Though I did forget to mention the years of enjoyment my
daughter will have with the Starretts when she inherits
them.

and responding to congrats...

So far no congrats. Did get one response from a guy with
some pretty big sour grapes though. I mean, they were huge.

UA100
Bay Area Dave

hell, those sour grapes aren't coming from me! I just had to say
SOMETHING to get you to respond! You didn't weigh in on either of the
two "plan" threads so I thought I'd draw you out of your shell in this
one. How the hell are you?

dave

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Davey wrote:

and another hour bragging about it

Only took a minute or few to *brag* about it Davey.

Though I did forget to mention the years of enjoyment my
daughter will have with the Starretts when she inherits
them.

and responding to congrats...

So far no congrats. Did get one response from a guy with
some pretty big sour grapes though. I mean, they were huge.

UA100

Gerald Masgai

Total time elapsed - 2 hours

Found was an 18" Starrett combination square blade
(I have extra heads for this very reason).

The Wall of Starrett is closer to being completed.

But it will never be complete!

Hey Duke, I have a few of those thing also. Last summer I picked up a
Starret Planer Gage for use in setting up the shaper.

The Plans are finished and construction starts in the spring of 2004.
--
Best of luck in your endeavors,

Gerald Masgai
Reply to: gmasgai AT pacbell DOT net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/gmasgai
Notes from My Shop: http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/5276/shop
Read the Woodworking FAQ: http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/

J Pagona aka Y.B.

Nice catch. You suck. Yada, yada, yada... Your daughter ought to really enjoy
these tools, as well as the memories of the hunt.

Considering the single minded persistance of the search for the entire Starrett
catalogue at garage sale prices, I've always wondered just a little about the
tenor of the prehunt moments in the Keeter household. When you find an ad that
says:

Machinist Tools:
Kennedy Roller Cabinet
Starrett
Mitutoya
Brown & Sharp

are the preparations for the hunt refined and genteel like an English fox hunt.

Or do you get a maniacal gleem in you eyes, turn to your dimwitted rodent
lackey and say, "Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?"

David

remove the key to email me.
Unisaw A100

Bay Area Dave wrote:
hell, those sour grapes aren't coming from me! I just had to say
SOMETHING to get you to respond! You didn't weigh in on either of the
two "plan" threads so I thought I'd draw you out of your shell in this
one.

I thought they were kinda trollish and didn't quite feel up
to the task.

How the hell are you?

Tired. We're five months into 56 hour weeks. So many
projects, so little time.

UA100
Unisaw A100

Gerald Masgai wrote:

rubs eyes...

Gerald, that you?

So where the hell have you been all these live long days?

UA100
Silvan

J Pagona aka Y.B. wrote:

Or do you get a maniacal gleem in you eyes, turn to your dimwitted rodent
lackey and say, "Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?"

If we knit two bobby socks together we can make a diaper for a kangaroo?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
Confirmed post number: 17332 Approximate word count: 519960

Unisaw A100

J Pagona aka Y.B. wrote:
Nice catch. You suck. Yada, yada, yada... Your daughter ought to really enjoy
these tools, as well as the memories of the hunt.

Now you understand why I didn't just go out and plunk down
$50 on a brand new one? 'Sides, this one has a *user's
mark*. Can't get that from Ann "Action Jackson" Rockler..

Considering the single minded persistance of the search for the entire Starrett
catalogue at garage sale prices, I've always wondered just a little about the
tenor of the prehunt moments in the Keeter household. When you find an ad that
says:

Machinist Tools:
Kennedy Roller Cabinet
Starrett
Mitutoya
Brown & Sharp

are the preparations for the hunt refined and genteel like an English fox hunt.

Once upon a time it involved the donning of the Carhartt
shirt (a 10ish oz. cotton, color (colour David) green,
catalog no. S09ASP) and a handful of Jolly Ranchers in the
cup holder of the Jeep (top down dependent on the season).
Check for glasses, the good ones for seeing close up, the
MagLite (small one/fits in pocket). A quick visit to
MapQuest to insure no additional time was spent wandering
and then it was up and onward. These days the hunt is few
and far between and more designed for results as time is
fleeting.

Or do you get a maniacal gleem in you eyes, turn to your dimwitted rodent
lackey and say, "Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?"

There was once an imaginary friend I used to take with me
named Billy (age 10). I was teaching him the ways. His
imaginary parents had an imaginary restraining order issued
against me so I guess there was a wee bit of Pinky going on.

OBWW: The Carhartt was bought at Highland Hardware. This
was the visit when I met His Royness and he autographed my
Galoot cap. That was the same day I met His Normness and
the same day he autographed my Galoot cap.

UA100
PM6564

Or do you get a maniacal gleem in you eyes, turn to your dimwitted rodent
lackey and say, "Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?"

"Yes, but how will we get all of the original tooling for the first Delta
factory in the back of the Jeep?"

Gerald Masgai

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Gerald Masgai wrote:

rubs eyes...

Gerald, that you?

So where the hell have you been all these live long days?

UA100

Yup, that's me. I've been working on the plans for a great big woodworking
project. poke your browser over to the following URL's and have a peek. As
you can see in the views from the South and East, I took your advice and
incorporated an entrance to the basement directly from the great outdoors.

A view from the North:
http://home.pacbell.net/gmasgai/Hous...ings/North.jpg

A view from the East:
http://home.pacbell.net/gmasgai/Hous...rings/East.jpg

A view from the South:
http://home.pacbell.net/gmasgai/Hous...ings/South.jpg

A view from the West:
http://home.pacbell.net/gmasgai/Hous...rings/West.jpg

Drawing up those plans has sure been an education in the fine art of
compromise.

Next week I will mill the pieces of the balustrade on the porches. Then, I
have to order the stock for the doors and jambs. That should keep me busy
until next spring, when I am going to load all the pieces of the project
into a container for shipment to the construction site in early summer.

--
Best of luck in your endeavors,

Gerald Masgai
Reply to: gmasgai AT pacbell DOT net
Notes from My Shop: http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/5276/shop
Read the Woodworking FAQ: http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/

Unisaw A100

"Yes, but how will we get all of the original tooling for the first Delta
factory in the back of the Jeep?"

Just like everything else that's big. In pieces.

UA100
Unisaw A100

Gerald Masgai wrote:
As you can see in the views from the South and East, I took your advice and
incorporated an entrance to the basement directly from the great outdoors.

I'm only $150,000 away from having a shop entrance from the
garage. That figure also gets me lumber storage and a
finish room and increases the present day 650sf shop/150sf
wooddorking Leebrary to a more agreeable (to me)
1800-2000sf.

sigh...

Drawing up those plans has sure been an education in the fine art of
compromise.

Funny how sometimes you can understand things by working the
concept through your head and other things you know onna
'count of you've been there, done that but didn't get to
lick the bowl afterwards.

Next week I will mill the pieces of the balustrade on the porches. Then, I
have to order the stock for the doors and jambs. That should keep me busy
until next spring, when I am going to load all the pieces of the project
into a container for shipment to the construction site in early summer.

From where to where?

UA100

Gerald Masgai

"Unisaw A100" wrote:

From where to where?

From Sunny Southern California to Eastern Washington State.

Bay Area Dave

that sailed right over my head...any chance you'd explain that one, Tom?

dave

Tom Watson wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:54:35 GMT, Bay Area Dave
wrote:

just goes to show you: your idea of "trollish" doesn't mesh with
everyone else's...

Mass Athol.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Ramsey

I think he is a fisherman, They always have stuff sailing over their
heads.

wrote:

just goes to show you: your idea of "trollish" doesn't mesh with
everyone else's...

Mass Athol.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Unisaw A100

Bay Area Dave wrote:
that sailed right over my head...any chance you'd explain that one, Tom?

You'd have to own a Starrett to truly appreciate the answer
but you can start here.

http://www.mapquest.com/

UA100

Leon

You should see what my spell checker wants to do with iggerent.

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
s.com...
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:49:41 GMT, Unisaw A100
wrote:

You'd have to own a Starrett to truly appreciate the answer
but you can start here.

... ... ...pong
... ... ...

(didya know that spellcheck thinks that Starrett should be spelled
Starlets? Oh my ! )

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Groggy

"Leon" wrote in message newsVz2b.8
You should see what my spell checker wants to do with iggerent.

Yesterday I had to send out a quick update brief on our distribution system.
Typed in a sentence meant to be " ...couldn't raise the staff in the
warehouse..." and, after some quick corrections, the spellchecker changed it
to "...couldn't raise the staff in the whorehouse..."

Got some interesting emails this morning.

Greg