DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Square fence on Delta Mortiser (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/196613-square-fence-delta-mortiser.html)

sce March 31st 07 12:09 AM

Square fence on Delta Mortiser

Hi,
I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?

Thanks,

Spencer

tom March 31st 07 04:27 AM

On Mar 30, 3:09 pm, "sce" wrote:
Hi,
I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?

Thanks,

Spencer

Maybe attach a fence to the fence, and shim it? Tom

sce March 31st 07 01:37 PM

On Mar 30, 8:27 pm, "tom" wrote:
On Mar 30, 3:09 pm, "sce" wrote:

Hi,
I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?

Thanks,

Spencer

Maybe attach a fence to the fence, and shim it? Tom

I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

Spencer

[email protected] March 31st 07 09:18 PM

Square fence on Delta Mortiser

I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisl Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

I went and checked my mortiser --- the same model. The fence was right
on. Since the fence is a casting, it could have been damaged or
improperly machined. It should sit flat on the base. Check to see if
there's something between the fence bottom and the base. If not, I'd
get a replacement from Delta.

Joel

Andy April 1st 07 03:19 AM

Square fence on Delta Mortiser

I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

I have the same model also, and my fence is almost exactly
perpendicular to the table. I can see light behind my square at the
top of the fence, but it's too small a gap to measure with a ruler
(1/64").
Calling Delta sounds like a good idea.
Andy

sce April 4th 07 11:37 PM

On Mar 31, 7:19 pm, "Andy" wrote:
I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

I have the same model also, and my fence is almost exactly
perpendicular to the table. I can see light behind my square at the
top of the fence, but it's too small a gap to measure with a ruler
(1/64").
Calling Delta sounds like a good idea.
Andy

I called Delta and they are sending a new Fence. No problem!

Thanks for the help,

Spencer