Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where are the Grizzly vendors?

Why don't you consider visiting one of Grizzly's 3 show rooms? The shipping
savings is worth a couple hundred mile drive. I always drive to the
Springfield, Mo show room from Springfield, IL. I bought a lathe, GO444Z TS,
and a 1024 dust collector. Every time I go to their show room I feel like a
kid in a candy store.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 20, 9:52 am, SWDeveloper wrote:
I'm condiering a Grizzly purchase but finding very limited vendors.
Amazon has the highest total cost, Grizzly direct next, then ebay.
I've been outbid every time at ebay. I'm a "Prime" customer at
Amazon, but they won't waive shipping costs on a $625 Grizzly
purchase. Are there any other vendor choices? Does Grizzly ever
have a "free shipping" promotional sale?

I thought Shop Fox was Grizzly's vendor-distributed line.

I've seen them do promo deals on reduced shipping but I've never ever
known Griz to ship anything for free.

Amazon's free shipping deals are for things sold BY Amazon, not
THROUGH Amazon by a partnered vendor or whatever they call it. I've
been caught by that little detail a couple times.

Sometime this summer I might take some time off and check out the
nearest showroom. For me, that's Springfield, about... um. 575 miles
or so. Let's see, by summer gas ought to be about 3.50 a gallon... Hm.
Lemme think about this a while.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The other two showrooms are Bellingham, Washington and Muncy, Penn. Granted
the showrooms are out of reach for many but we are close enough to
Springfield to get there from time to time. (Springfield is about 1 hour
north of Branson Mo.).

They do have sales but I have never seen them waive shipping. You will
never see an Amazon Super Shipping offer becaust that feature is reserved
for smaller, lighter items. Items like a lathe are shipped via truck - and
in my experience they do it very quickly (less than two days to get my 1023s
cabinet saw). If you can't get to a showroom here are a couple of
alternatives:

1) I belive their customer service line will still provide names and phone
numbers of up to two people who have purchased a similar item in your area.
Customers do this on a voluntary basis and it might give you a chance to
talk to an owner or even see the tool. I did this on my cabinet saw.

2) Look around for local tool suppliers that offer the Shop Fox line of
tools. Essentially, Shop Fox is the commercial line of Grizzly (they won't
say this out loud). Shop Fox equipment exhibits some suttle differences in
paint, plaques and hardware but still very similar to Grizzly. It is also
more expensive because the dealer is pickup up shipping, advertising, etc
that Griz-direct does not charge.

RonB

"Will" wrote in message
Why don't you consider visiting one of Grizzly's 3 show rooms? The
shipping savings is worth a couple hundred mile drive. I always drive to
the Springfield, Mo show room from Springfield, IL. I bought a lathe,
GO444Z TS, and a 1024 dust collector. Every time I go to their show room
I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Will" wrote in message

Why don't you consider visiting one of Grizzly's 3 show rooms? The
shipping savings is worth a couple hundred mile drive. I always drive to
the Springfield, Mo show room from Springfield, IL. I bought a lathe,
GO444Z TS, and a 1024 dust collector. Every time I go to their show room
I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Amazon has the Delta 36-717 (385 lbs) for $1,378 with free
shipping. :-)
Also, the Powermatic 1792000K (600 lbs) for $2,199 with free shipping.

I personally have only paid around $5 for shipping on any tool
purchase from Amazon (my Hitachi miter saw), and I didn't pay anything
for my air compressor to be shipped. In my opinion, you have to look
long and hard and get lucky to beat Amazon's prices on most things,
especially power tools.

-Nathan

Posted to rec.woodworking

Grizzly supports their low price point by selling mostly direct. The
Amazom thing was just a business necessity and the small margin they
have to pay Amazon is nothing like the discounts you have to give a
Woodcraft or industrial tool vendor.

If you can visit their showroom you'll save the shipping, otherwise
just buy direct and pay the cost.

FYI, they usually have a sampling of "sales" prices that run through
the summer months.

On Mar 20, 7:52 am, SWDeveloper wrote:
I'm condiering a Grizzly purchase but finding very limited vendors.
Amazon has the highest total cost, Grizzly direct next, then ebay.
I've been outbid every time at ebay. I'm a "Prime" customer at
Amazon, but they won't waive shipping costs on a $625 Grizzly
purchase. Are there any other vendor choices? Does Grizzly ever
have a "free shipping" promotional sale?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SWDeveloper" wrote in message
I'm condiering a Grizzly purchase but finding very limited vendors.
Amazon has the highest total cost, Grizzly direct next, then ebay.
I've been outbid every time at ebay. I'm a "Prime" customer at
Amazon, but they won't waive shipping costs on a $625 Grizzly
purchase. Are there any other vendor choices? Does Grizzly ever
have a "free shipping" promotional sale?

They don't but I do. I can offer that same tool, freight paid in the 48
contiguous states, no sales tax, for $1150. Just send me your check and the
order.

Grizzly would not be Grizzly if they sold through other outlets and added
enough markup to offer free shipping.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
"N Hurst" wrote:

Amazon has the Delta 36-717 (385 lbs) for $1,378 with free
shipping. :-)
Also, the Powermatic 1792000K (600 lbs) for $2,199 with free shipping.

Amazon does have "free" shipping (from time to time) for some of their
largest tools (my ol Delta lathe was free)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
" wrote:

On Mar 20, 9:52 am, SWDeveloper wrote:
I'm condiering a Grizzly purchase but finding very limited vendors.
Amazon has the highest total cost, Grizzly direct next, then ebay.
I've been outbid every time at ebay. I'm a "Prime" customer at
Amazon, but they won't waive shipping costs on a $625 Grizzly
purchase. Are there any other vendor choices? Does Grizzly ever
have a "free shipping" promotional sale?

I thought Shop Fox was Grizzly's vendor-distributed line.

Correct, although the company (Shop Fox) is technically a separately
held firm

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Amazon does have "free" shipping (from time to time) for some of their
largest tools (my ol Delta lathe was free)

Have you detected a pattern in when Amazon turns the free shipping offer
on and off? I've been looking at a Palmgren drill press. It's at a good
price right now, but I think the last time I saw it at this price, it
was offered with free shipping too, unlike now.

TIA
PDX David

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:19:05 -0700, Jane & David
wrote:

In article ,
Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

Amazon does have "free" shipping (from time to time) for some of their
largest tools (my ol Delta lathe was free)

Have you detected a pattern in when Amazon turns the free shipping offer
on and off? I've been looking at a Palmgren drill press. It's at a good
price right now, but I think the last time I saw it at this price, it
was offered with free shipping too, unlike now.

TIA
PDX David

Even more agitating is that I'm a "Prime Amazon" customer which
provides free 2-day delivery for some of Amazon's items. For
third-party sales, such as Grizzly, the free shipping does not apply.
There are very few Grizzly vendors which could make another brand more
favorable and available. Since this is nearing an end to the
woodworking buying season, I'd expect better deals during spring and
early summer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Amazon has the Delta 36-717 (385 lbs) for $1,378 with free
shipping. :-)
Also, the Powermatic 1792000K (600 lbs) for $2,199 with free shipping.

I personally have only paid around $5 for shipping on any tool
purchase from Amazon (my Hitachi miter saw), and I didn't pay anything
for my air compressor to be shipped. In my opinion, you have to look
long and hard and get lucky to beat Amazon's prices on most things,
especially power tools.

-Nathan

Whoops! I stand corrected. I had never seen Super Shipper Savings on
bigger items. Still doubt if you'll see big savings for Griz items though.
I'm guessing they keep volume up by keeping close to margin on their machine
tools.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 22, 11:23 am, "RonB" wrote:

Whoops! I stand corrected. I had never seen Super Shipper Savings on
bigger items. Still doubt if you'll see big savings for Griz items though.
I'm guessing they keep volume up by keeping close to margin on their machine
tools.

Items that qualify for free shipping are the ones sold by Amazon.
Grizzly is an Amazon partner and its items are sold by Griz through
Amazon, so those items don't qualify.