arnis buza

Default Ryobi BT4600 Belt/Disc Sander Problem

I purchased the subject sander about a month ago and have used it on a once
or twice a week basis since then. Today while sanding a form for a bending
project, the drive belt for the belt sander portion of the tool broke. The
disc is still operational as this obviously gets it power directly from the
motor while the belt sander has a drive belt. I have called the service
centers recommended by Ryobi and the closest one to me doesn't even have
this unit in their parts catalog. A call to Ryobi indicated that they don't
have the part in stock and it would take 6 weeks for the part to come in.

Does anyone out there have any idea of where else I might get a drive belt
for this unit. I do need it in my work. Perhaps these units are throw-aways
when belts break.

Sam Hopkins

Welcome to the world of Ryobi. If you bought it at Home Depot or Lowes I'd
go and buy another one, swap them, and return the broken one. It's what they
get for carrying crap.

Sam