Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cold weather storage

My garage/shop is unheated and it is cold here now. Every year I take
all the freezeables into the basement to protect them; glue, caulk,
paint, lcd meter, cordless, etc.

This year I thought why bother taking oil-based products inside, "they
won't freeze". So is it OK to leave things like; BLO, danish oil,
varnish and oil-based poly in cold storage?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I have let BLO, danish oil, varnish and oil-based poly freeze without any
apparent damage. This happens every really cold night here in Maine. Not a
problem. In fact caulk, oil based paint, batteries and lcd meter are left
in the shop as well. The only things I remove are glue, water based
finishes and water.

"RayV" wrote in message
ups.com...
My garage/shop is unheated and it is cold here now. Every year I take
all the freezeables into the basement to protect them; glue, caulk,
paint, lcd meter, cordless, etc.

This year I thought why bother taking oil-based products inside, "they
won't freeze". So is it OK to leave things like; BLO, danish oil,
varnish and oil-based poly in cold storage?

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:
My garage/shop is unheated and it is cold here now. Every year I take
all the freezeables into the basement to protect them; glue, caulk,
paint, lcd meter, cordless, etc.

This year I thought why bother taking oil-based products inside, "they
won't freeze". So is it OK to leave things like; BLO, danish oil,
varnish and oil-based poly in cold storage?

I will give you my address here in New Orleans, and I will gladly store
all your finishes for the winter. :-)

Cold Weather Refrigerator dennis Home Repair 10 April 10th 06 06:32 PM
varnish in cold weather dw Woodworking 14 January 10th 06 12:57 PM
Concrete in cold weather bhads UK diy 1 November 29th 05 07:54 PM
Concrete in cold weather bhads UK diy 4 November 28th 05 10:23 PM
Diesels and cold weather RWL Metalworking 33 June 26th 05 09:27 PM