Posted to rec.woodworking

Default snip and a Ryobi planer

I got the Ryobi 13" planer and it snips fairly bad, it didn't come with any
infeed/out feed tables, my question is how big do I build them, 13" wide
obviusely, but how long 13", 15", 17" etc or is it the more the marrier

any thoughts

Richard
Posted to rec.woodworking

richard wrote:
I got the Ryobi 13" planer and it snips fairly bad, it didn't come with any
infeed/out feed tables, my question is how big do I build them, 13" wide
obviusely, but how long 13", 15", 17" etc or is it the more the marrier

any thoughts

Richard

if its sniping on the tail end of the cut the front edge of the board
is probably dropping a little.

You need to look at the typical length of material you are going to be
planing .

I use about 2/3 that length for a support table although full length is
better.

so for 4' material a 4' infeed and 21/2' outfeed is fine .

Posted to rec.woodworking
JGS JGS is offline

I made mine out of a single sheet of plywood covered with hardboard. It's
the width of the planner and about 4.5' long. (half sticks out on each side
of the planer). I have a small board attached to the bottom to keep it from
feeding through the planer with the boards.
If I were to make another one, I would raise the ends by inserting a sheet
or two of veneer between the ply and the hardboard to raise the ends by
3/16-1/8".
Cheers, JG

"richard" wrote in message
I got the Ryobi 13" planer and it snips fairly bad, it didn't come with any
infeed/out feed tables, my question is how big do I build them, 13" wide
obviusely, but how long 13", 15", 17" etc or is it the more the marrier

any thoughts

Richard

Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

richard wrote:
I got the Ryobi 13" planer and it snips fairly bad, it didn't come with any
infeed/out feed tables, my question is how big do I build them, 13" wide
obviusely, but how long 13", 15", 17" etc or is it the more the marrier

any thoughts

Richard

Anything between 12-20" will help. Also, try to slightly lift the end
of the board when it is just about finished planing. (On the outfeed,
of course).That way, when the back roller is no longer supporting the
board, the board won't "tip".. which causes snipe.

Ryobi Surface PLaner 13" Advice Richard Clements Woodworking 9 December 29th 06 09:43 PM
ryobi hand planer FA gooch Woodworking 4 October 21st 05 04:06 AM
Hi Im Sophie, (snip) ... WELL..HOW ARE YOU AT HOME REPAIR?! Hello Friend Home Repair 2 January 16th 05 10:47 AM
Thickness planer purchase dilemma- Ryobi or Dewalt? Dale Woodworking 8 July 28th 03 12:14 AM