Ben Siders

Default Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups

So you've got two stubborn people, both unwilling to give in and giving
the excuse of "principles" as the cause. Great. I'm a Catholic and
I'll continue buy things I need at Home Depot because purchasing
junction boxes and MDF isn't a religious experience for me. Home Depot
is free to set whatever policies they want, as a private business, on
how they give away their own profits. Given how well organized
religions (including my own) have spent money in the past (like on
hushing up sex abuse victims), I don't blame Home Despot.. er.. Depot
for being reluctant to fork it over.

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

"You are a Christian ministry, and we will not donate any funds to any
church or Christian ministry." - Home Depot store manager

According to Home Depot policy, Christian-based organizations "need not
apply" when it comes to requesting donations which benefit the community.
That's because Home Depot rejects grant applications if the organization
espouses Christianity.

When Special Youth Challenge Ministries (SYC) in Dallas, Georgia, asked its
local Home Depot manager for a small contribution to benefit a banquet
fundraiser, the manager turned him down. "You are a Christian ministry, and
we will not donate any funds to any church or Christian ministry," the
manager said.

SYC national Director Charles Walthour was caught by surprise. "Home Depot
has donated to us before, so I was shocked to learn that non-profit groups
that are Christian-based are no longer recognized as legitimate
organizations," he said.

SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from terminally
ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and hunting.

The manager told Walthour if he would remove the word "Ministries" from SYC
letterhead, it would reconsider the donation request. Walthour was unwilling
to do that, saying, "We will not compromise our faith in order to get
something from Home Depot, or anyone else." He said other companies were
more than happy to give to SYC, including Home Depot's corporate competitor,
Lowe's Home Improvement Center.

Don Wildmon, chairman of American Family Association, says Home Depot's
policy is extremely callous toward Christians and churches. "Christians and
churches account for the bulk of people-helping ministries in any given
town. For some reason, Home Depot has chosen to disregard their importance,"
he said.

Wildmon says if Home Depot really wants to be a good community-minded
citizen, store managers should be given "flexible" funds to support any
local organization that helps children in their area.

ACTION NEEDED
Contact Home Depot and let company officials know their anti-Christian
policy is disrespectful to the communities where they do business.

Send Your Letter Now!

PC

You asked, they said no, now go away. To believe that Home Depot owes
you anything is absurd. As a Home Depot stockholder I support their
position.

Phil

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
[...]

Scott Cramer

SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from
terminally ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and
hunting.

So... the donated funds go to kids whose dying wish is... to kill
something. It shore don't get much more Christian than that, Bubba.
Jim Stuyck

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message
7.54...
SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from
terminally ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and
hunting.

So... the donated funds go to kids whose dying wish is... to kill
something. It shore don't get much more Christian than that, Bubba.

ROTFL! Brought a tear to my eye. "Praise the lord and
pass the ammunition."

Jim Stuyck

Lee Gordon

Was that a brand new Ridgid RAS I saw amidst the rubble of Uday and Qusay's
former hideout? *******s!

Traves W. Coppock

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:52:38 GMT, "Vic Baron"
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

Not really a cross post - it belongs in the wreck. Woodworkers built the
cross and if it wasn't for that, no one would ever have heard of JC and the
boys.

Hehe, don't forget , , ,the Man himself was a carpenter.

Traves
Fred the Red Shirt

Ben Siders wrote in message y.com...
So you've got two stubborn people, both unwilling to give in and giving
the excuse of "principles" as the cause. Great. I'm a Catholic and
I'll continue buy things I need at Home Depot because purchasing
junction boxes and MDF isn't a religious experience for me. Home Depot
is free to set whatever policies they want, as a private business, on
how they give away their own profits. Given how well organized
religions (including my own) have spent money in the past (like on
hushing up sex abuse victims), I don't blame Home Despot.. er.. Depot
for being reluctant to fork it over.

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

"You are a Christian ministry, and we will not donate any funds to any
church or Christian ministry." - Home Depot store manager

According to Home Depot policy, Christian-based organizations "need not
apply" when it comes to requesting donations which benefit the community.
That's because Home Depot rejects grant applications if the organization
espouses Christianity.

OK.

When Special Youth Challenge Ministries (SYC) in Dallas, Georgia, asked its
local Home Depot manager for a small contribution to benefit a banquet
fundraiser, the manager turned him down. "You are a Christian ministry, and
we will not donate any funds to any church or Christian ministry," the
manager said.

His money, his choice. Fine by me.

SYC national Director Charles Walthour was caught by surprise. "Home Depot
has donated to us before, so I was shocked to learn that non-profit groups
that are Christian-based are no longer recognized as legitimate
organizations," he said.

Nobody said they weren't recognized as a legitimate organization. But
I daresay that lie is as good a reason to not donate ot his orgaization
as any.

--

FF
Praising Jesus

Well, actually, some people care with whom they do business. Apparently you
are not one of those types.

---Mike

"Ben Siders" wrote in message
.com...
So you've got two stubborn people, both unwilling to give in and giving
the excuse of "principles" as the cause. Great. I'm a Catholic and
I'll continue buy things I need at Home Depot because purchasing
junction boxes and MDF isn't a religious experience for me. Home Depot
is free to set whatever policies they want, as a private business, on
how they give away their own profits. Given how well organized
religions (including my own) have spent money in the past (like on
hushing up sex abuse victims), I don't blame Home Despot.. er.. Depot
for being reluctant to fork it over.

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
[...]

Praising Jesus

I would dare say that Home Depot has declared that Christian Ministries are
not legitimate to them - it's not a legal definition, it is a subject of
policy - allegedly.

---Mike

"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote in message
om...
Ben Siders wrote in message

y.com...
So you've got two stubborn people, both unwilling to give in and giving
the excuse of "principles" as the cause. Great. I'm a Catholic and
I'll continue buy things I need at Home Depot because purchasing
junction boxes and MDF isn't a religious experience for me. Home Depot
is free to set whatever policies they want, as a private business, on
how they give away their own profits. Given how well organized
religions (including my own) have spent money in the past (like on
hushing up sex abuse victims), I don't blame Home Despot.. er.. Depot
for being reluctant to fork it over.

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
[...]

Praising Jesus

Do you believe that a public corporation should support charitable work? If
so, on what basis?

Most people believe so because they are trying to help someone in a special
need that has some relationship to their personal experience (i.e., a person
who lost someone to cancer, might donate to a cancer cure). What is it
called when a decision is made that cuts off that support, not based on the
work that's done, but on a personal view of hatred?

Well, Mr. Stock Holder, I don't want businesses operating in my neighborhood
that so discriminates. Wait until the next time a Home Deport needs a zoning
ordinance! We'll try and make room for people who want to help others and
get rid of those who want to hurt and hate.

Keep your eye on your stock prices.

---Mike

"PC" wrote in message
You asked, they said no, now go away. To believe that Home Depot owes
you anything is absurd. As a Home Depot stockholder I support their
position.

Phil

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
[...]

Praising Jesus

What makes you think I did not check this out? Do you have some information
to which I am not privy?

I can quote you, from memory what Jesus said about hypocrisy and Pharisees -
what on earth does it have to do with this?

As for Home Depot's generosity, it was never questioned. The whole of the
story was on hate speech, discrimination, and hurting others for spite.

Let me know what information you have on errors in this story - I have not
been able to find any.

---Mike

"Ernie Jurick" wrote in message

"Praising Jesus" wrote in message
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

PJ, please check these things out before posting them hither and yon. This
is probably a hoax like all the others. If you want to see Home Depot's
generosity, read Gerry's posting. Then read what Jesus said about
hypocrites/Pharisees. Donald Wildmon is the worst sort of religious nut,

who
wouldn't recognize truth if it bit him on the ass.
-- Ernie

Tom Watson

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:10:15 GMT, Scott Cramer
wrote:

SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from
terminally ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and
hunting.

So... the donated funds go to kids whose dying wish is... to kill
something. It shore don't get much more Christian than that, Bubba.

Is there something wrong with hunting and shooting, Scott?

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Ben Siders

That's asinine. I don't care who I do business with because I'll
continue to buy things from a store that WOULDN'T hand over its profits?
That's idiotic on every level. If they were actively funding drug
runners, terrorists, and child pornography rings and I knowingly bought
stuff there, you'd have a point. But they're not.

You're just looking for a reason to be angry. You ought to forgive Home
Depot for its slight against you, embrace them as brothers in Christ,
and continue to shop there. Jesus didn't just hang out with the nice
people of society who agreed with him. He ministered to whores and
taxcollectors, the sick, dying, and diseased, those with bruised and
decaying faiths. So rather than embrace these odious people at Home
Depot and bring them to the love of Christ, you're actively subverting
them, possibly beginning a smear campaign to get people to boycott them,
drive their profits down, force them to downsize and lay off hardworking
Christian men and women who have nothing to do with their policy about
donations.

And you think that's all okay? That's how you good Christians respond
to conflict? Throwing a temper tantrum, pointing fingers, and trying to
screw people over? You're a hypocrite who clearly understands nothing
of the ministries of Christ that you're so concerned about, so just
close your teeth.

Praising Jesus wrote:
Well, actually, some people care with whom they do business. Apparently you
are not one of those types.

---Mike

"Ben Siders" wrote in message
.com...

So you've got two stubborn people, both unwilling to give in and giving
the excuse of "principles" as the cause. Great. I'm a Catholic and
I'll continue buy things I need at Home Depot because purchasing
junction boxes and MDF isn't a religious experience for me. Home Depot
is free to set whatever policies they want, as a private business, on
how they give away their own profits. Given how well organized
religions (including my own) have spent money in the past (like on
hushing up sex abuse victims), I don't blame Home Despot.. er.. Depot
for being reluctant to fork it over.

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Praising Jesus wrote:

AFA Action Alert!
[...]

Igor

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:44:49 GMT, Ben Siders wrote:

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

The Washington Post once had a story about Norm with a lead that still
makes me laugh: Norm Abram, the most famous Jewish carpenter since Jesus

(Or something to that effect.)

Kevin Craig

In article , Ben
Siders wrote:

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Don't be silly.

Nahm is the cult *leader*. Get it right!

Kevin
Ernie Jurick

wrote:

SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from
terminally ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and
hunting.

So... the donated funds go to kids whose dying wish is... to kill
something. It shore don't get much more Christian than that, Bubba.

Is there something wrong with hunting and shooting, Scott?

Not if they're heretics.
-- Ernie

Tom Watson

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:22:27 GMT, Igor wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:45:07 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

Is there something wrong with hunting and shooting, Scott?

snipped

Anyway, not much of a sport.

snipped

???

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Ernie Jurick

"Praising Jesus" wrote in message

What makes you think I did not check this out?

What was HD's official response when you e-mailed them asking for
clarification of their charitable policies as I did?

As for Home Depot's generosity, it was never questioned. The whole of the
story was on hate speech, discrimination, and hurting others for spite.

You assumed automatically that it was true and immediately began spreading
the story based on a comment on the AFA Web site, ignoring the fact that it
was unsubstantiated by any reputable source. Don Wildmon has notoriously
little regard for the truth when he's on a crusade. His statements should be
taken with the same caution as Louis Farrakhan's or Robert Mugabe's.

Let me know what information you have on errors in this story - I have not
been able to find any.

Read your response from Home Depot. Tomorrow this will be revealed as a hoax
or a wild exaggeration, but you'll have already done your damage, won't you?
Talk about straning at a gnat and swallowing down a camel....
-- Ernie

Ernie Jurick

"Greywolf" wrote in message
.com...
The title is not reflected in the post. What I read is that Home Depot has
chosen not to support religious groups. There was no scorn and Christian
groups were not singled out.

Never let facts stand in the way of a nice crusade.
-- Ernie

Tillius

Well, I'd say Home Depot has a right to donate or not donate to anyone
they wish, I really don't have a problem with that.

But, since they specifically mentioned they would not donate to a
Christian ministry, I'd say I have every right to choose not to shop
there.

It'd be a little different story, in my opinion, if they stated they did
not donate to any religous organization, but they didn't.

And as far as boycotting Home Depot, well, if you aren't a Christian who
is offended by the all too common exclusion and/or attacks against the
Christian faith, then you shouldn't boycot. If you are however, you
should make every effort to avoid businesses that are Christian haters.

And if such a boycot hurts that business, they can change their policy
or downsize and the downsized employees can get work at their
competition who should get diverted business.

Just my $0.02 - and I never realized there were so many ANTI-Christians
in the wreck. Just because someone has a strong Christian faith and is
tired of Christianity being singled out to be discriminated against, as
in it's OK to celebrate Islamic and Jewish heritige in public schools,
but not Christian heritige or values, that doesn't make that person a
religous nut, it makes them a person with strong beliefs.

tillius

Ben Siders wrote in
.com:

So you've got two stubborn people, both unwilling to give in and
giving the excuse of "principles" as the cause. Great. I'm a
Catholic and I'll continue buy things I need at Home Depot because
purchasing junction boxes and MDF isn't a religious experience for me.
Home Depot is free to set whatever policies they want, as a private
business, on how they give away their own profits. Given how well
organized religions (including my own) have spent money in the past
(like on hushing up sex abuse victims), I don't blame Home Despot..
er.. Depot for being reluctant to fork it over.

What's the next shocking revelation? Norm Abrams is a closet cultist?

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
[...]

The Davenports

Well, I'd say Home Depot has a right to donate or not donate to anyone
they wish, I really don't have a problem with that.

But, since they specifically mentioned they would not donate to a
Christian ministry, I'd say I have every right to choose not to shop
there.

Let's bear in mind that the OP stated that HD doesn't donate to christian
organizations...he may have, shall we say, narrowed it down a little? In
other words, we don't know if it's just christian orginzations or all
religous.

snip

Just my $0.02 - and I never realized there were so many ANTI-Christians
in the wreck. Just because someone has a strong Christian faith and is
tired of Christianity being singled out to be discriminated against, as
in it's OK to celebrate Islamic and Jewish heritige in public schools,
but not Christian heritige or values, that doesn't make that person a
religous nut, it makes them a person with strong beliefs.

As this is the first I've said in this thread, it's obvious that you can't
mean me, HOWEVER, of the comments that I've seen so far(admittedly, I
haven't read them all yet, but I'm working on it) are not "many
ANTI-Christians" comments...a few that defend HD's right to set policy, yes.
Anti christian, sorry, I don't see it.

Mike

Bob McConnell

Top posting as Praising did -

This is a free country, and we have worked hard to make and keep it
that way. As a direct result, that manager has the freedom to decide
to whom he will donate his discretionary funds. If he decides that
certain groups do not meet his guidelines, either as published by HD
or as he interprets them, so be it. He has the freedom to make that
choice.

Just because his choices don't fit your needs or desires is no reason
to slander him or HD. They're not even trying to force you to
contribute to their choice of charities, although you will be if you
continue to buy from them.

So now you have to make a choice about patronizing their stores. But
there is no need to drag their name through the mud just because they
don't agree with you. That's simply an attempt to deny them their own
freedoms.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

"PC" wrote in message
You asked, they said no, now go away. To believe that Home Depot owes
you anything is absurd. As a Home Depot stockholder I support their
position.

Phil

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

"You are a Christian ministry, and we will not donate any funds to any
church or Christian ministry." - Home Depot store manager

According to Home Depot policy, Christian-based organizations "need not
apply" when it comes to requesting donations which benefit the

community.
That's because Home Depot rejects grant applications if the organization
espouses Christianity.

George

Or, is that quoting from imagination and/or wishful thinking???

"Greg Lewin" wrote in message
Praising Jesus wrote:

I can quote you, from memory what Jesus said about hypocrisy and

Pharisees -
what on earth does it have to do with this?

Er...um...I think that's the point...

John McCormick

"Ernie Jurick" wrote in message ...
"Praising Jesus" wrote in message
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

snip

do not feed the trolls. If you must encourage them to view the Home
Depot website, particularily the Community Service information. Looks
like they are giving a lot back already.

Stinky
Groggy

They refuse to "donate" do they? Meaning they will not gift "something
voluntarily and without compensation". Your church has a problem with this
and now wants to force them to donate to you?

That's not called a donation anymore, it's coercion.

If you win this, will you then campaign against every individual or company
who refuses you at annual doorknocks and other collection events. Let people
have a preference, if they don't want to give money to 'churches' that
actively coerce donations, then let them. Always wondered what you lot got
up to when a decent crusade wasn't available.

Personally, I would be more interested in why they stopped donating - you
don't seem to have mentioned that.

Renata

Hmmm. The other day when I asked for donations for Habitat For
Humanity at HD, I didn't get this (or any) sort of rejection - and I
believe HFH is some sort of Christian ministry.

Renata

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:50:51 -0500, "The Davenports"
wrote:
--snip--
Let's bear in mind that the OP stated that HD doesn't donate to christian
organizations...he may have, shall we say, narrowed it down a little? In
other words, we don't know if it's just christian orginzations or all
religous.

--snip--
Mike

SwampBug

"The Truth is incontrovertible,
Panic may resent it;
Ignorance may deride it;
Malice may distort it;
But there it is."

Winston Churchill

--
SwampBug
---------------------
"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
s.com...
In article ,
says...
... snip

Yep, all rational, reasoned responses

Scott Cramer

wrote:

SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from
terminally ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and
hunting.

So... the donated funds go to kids whose dying wish is... to kill
something. It shore don't get much more Christian than that, Bubba.

Is there something wrong with hunting and shooting, Scott?

Not as such. I enjoy plinking and target shooting myself on
occasion, and SWMBO's family are all hunters. Guns don't kill people.
People with guns kill people.

There is something awry when you combine that sport with religion. I
can see the NRA sponsoring such a charity - the "Make a Death Wish
Foundation" or some such. Here's the rub: the folks who consider "Thou
shalt not kill" among their basic principles are out knocking on doors with
their hands out to help terminally ill kids shoot something. Now, I know
that the commandment refers to killing people, but there's more than a bit
of irony there.

Or the Tigers Go Redwings!

Wes

"George" wrote:

I am in Detroit...sadly, don't depend on the Lions for anything.

"RikC" wrote in message
news
Where are the lions when you need them?

rik

Reply to:
Lycos address is a spam trap.
Ernie Jurick

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message
Home Depot just became the last place I will go to spend my money - watch
out Lowes !

Whatever you do, don't wait for verification, Ray. Christians must act on
rumor, and rumor alone, mustn't they?
-- Ernie

Scott Cramer

On 29 Jul 2003, Henry E Schaffer spake unto rec.woodworking:

There is something awry when you combine that sport with
religion. I
can see the NRA sponsoring such a charity - the "Make a Death Wish
Foundation" or some such. Here's the rub: the folks who consider
"Thou shalt not kill" among their basic principles are out knocking on
doors with their hands out to help terminally ill kids shoot
something. Now, I know that the commandment refers to killing people,
but there's more than a bit of irony there.

The English version of that commandment is more like "Thou shalt not
murder." - which, as you acknowledge, has nothing to do with hunting.
So what's the religious controversy?

Guns and religion have certainly been a winning combo in the rest
of the world.

I guess I shouldn't balk when a religion endorses gun use here.
It's for the kids, after all. Guess I wasn't thinking.

patrick mitchel

Chris wrote in message
om...
Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

"You are a Christian ministry, and we will not donate any funds to any
church or Christian ministry." - Home Depot store manager

Troll, TROLL, TROLL!!!!

C'mon people, does anyone really believe this story? This story reeks
Urban Legend.

Remember the Internet caveot: If you read it on the Internet, it is
probably not true!

-Chris

Funny, the bitch shows up at the afa website- hadda read it just for a
laugh...another persecuted one thinking that they can strongarm a corp.....

Mike

Traves W. Coppock wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:52:38 GMT, "Vic Baron"
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

Not really a cross post - it belongs in the wreck. Woodworkers built the
cross and if it wasn't for that, no one would ever have heard of JC and the
boys.

Uh, 'cross post' means posted to more than one group. I think you
mean "it's not off topic" in which case I'd have to disagree. If you
want to stretch the definition of 'on topic' that far, I guess you
could find a woodworking link to *any* topic. (btw: Was "cross post"
an intended pun in your post?)

Hehe, don't forget , , ,the Man himself was a carpenter.

You must be confused. It's Norm who was the carpenter, not Roy.

Cheers,
Mike - who is boycotting HD for not contributing to the Flat Earth
Society. Discrimination I say!
Mike

"Groggy" wrote in message ws.com...
They refuse to "donate" do they? Meaning they will not gift "something
voluntarily and without compensation". Your church has a problem with this
and now wants to force them to donate to you?

That's not called a donation anymore, it's coercion.

If you win this, will you then campaign against every individual or company
who refuses you at annual doorknocks and other collection events.

Hahaha. Welcome to organized religion Groggy.

"Do as I say or else........"

PJ is just mad that religion is losing out to commercial television in
the mind control business. I guess he prefers fire and brimstone to
half-nekkid chicks mud rasslin'.

Mike

"I am the slime from the video"
Fred the Red Shirt

"Praising Jesus" wrote in message ...
I would dare say that Home Depot has declared that Christian Ministries are
not legitimate to them - it's not a legal definition, it is a subject of
policy - allegedly.

Again, they said nothing at all about legitimacy. They merely stated
their preference as to which organizations they woudl support and
which they would not -- allegedly

E.g. If someone donates money to the Lieberman campaign and not to
the Kerry campaign that does not imply that the preson in question
views Kerry as not a legtitimate candidate.

--

FF
The Davenports

... not commenting any way on HD's position or the worthiness of the
charity in question, just identifying that it appears that intolerance
and what would otherwise be pilloried as hate speech is OK depending
upon the target

Just my $0.02 - and I never realized there were so many

ANTI-Christians
in the wreck. Just because someone has a strong Christian faith and is
tired of Christianity being singled out to be discriminated against,

as
in it's OK to celebrate Islamic and Jewish heritige in public schools,
but not Christian heritige or values, that doesn't make that person a
religous nut, it makes them a person with strong beliefs.

As this is the first I've said in this thread, it's obvious that you

can't
mean me, HOWEVER, of the comments that I've seen so far(admittedly, I
haven't read them all yet, but I'm working on it) are not "many
ANTI-Christians" comments...a few that defend HD's right to set policy,

yes.
Anti christian, sorry, I don't see it.

I stand by what I said...I believe that most of what you quoted to backup
the "anti-christian" sentiments were at least in part, a desire to tell the
OP to go away and the easiest way to do that with someone coming off as
rabidly as he did, is to hit with a big stick where it'll hurt the most. I'm
not saying that it's right or correct...just that that's how I see it. I
tend to be rather pragmatic and live with life and it's curveballs the way
they come.

Are all the comments meant as that? Don't be silly, I'm sure that some are.
I just don't believe that there is a wreck-wide anti-christian sentiment. As
for the comments about teaching the tenets of islam and judaism but not
christianity...I think it's all BS...none should be taught, other than as it
relates to history. But if, as it is in the district that I live in and pay
my taxes to, they are trying to teach tolerance to the other religions...the
only thing I can say in defense of the schools is that it's rare to need to
teach someone to be tolerant of the religion that they belong to. And I am
lumping all christian groups together under that umbrella.

If you don't see anti-Christian in the following, just substitute
"jew" or "black" for "Jesus Christ" or "Christian" and ask yourself how
quickly the long knives of "racism" and "bigotry" would come out.

If I thought that the comments where meant as they were typed, then I'd say
you have a point. HOWEVER, the biggest drawback to using newsgroups is that
it can sometimes be hard to get sarcasm across...correction, easy to type,
but not everyone is going to read it as such, especially when it's directed
at them.

As I said, I stand by what I said.

Mike

kenR

In article , cpowers38
@mybluelight.com says...
Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

"You are a Christian ministry, and we will not donate any funds to any
church or Christian ministry." - Home Depot store manager

Troll, TROLL, TROLL!!!!

C'mon people, does anyone really believe this story? This story reeks
Urban Legend.

Remember the Internet caveot: If you read it on the Internet, it is
probably not true!

-Chris

You know, I think I saw that quote on a web page once. :-)