Delta 14" band saw dust collection

Old December 17th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.woodworking
Max

Default Delta 14" band saw dust collection

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

Max

Old December 17th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Max wrote:
I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not
much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

Max

You might check out Iturra Designs' catalogue, and they're not on
the net. Toll-free 888.722.7078. There's a set-up they sell for less
than fifty bucks ($37 in their 2005 catalogue) that improves dust
collection. Got Carter blade guides on this saw? If so, this connector
won't work for you. Tom

Old December 17th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:37:15 GMT, "Max"
wrote:

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

drill a 4" hole in the back of the saw right behind the blade or in
front on the door. this works pretty well.

Old December 17th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

I have the metal Delta fitting that attaches below the table. I
bought it years ago at Coastal Tool. My particular fitting accepts a
5" dust hose. It's not perfect, but it's better than anything else
I've seen. It was ~$20 US, as I recall.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-50-239-D.../dp/B00004Z048

Ridiculous price.

What I'm currently using is just the shop vac with tapered nozzle
hanging from a string tied to the table pin. If you can get the
sawdust right below the table before it gets to the lower blade guides
then you'll get most of it. I intend to make a better fitting
attachment in the future, but the tapered nozzle is working pretty
well for the short term.

-Leuf
Old December 18th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Max

"tom" wrote in message
ps.com...

Max wrote:
I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not
much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

Max

You might check out Iturra Designs' catalogue, and they're not on
the net. Toll-free 888.722.7078. There's a set-up they sell for less
than fifty bucks ($37 in their 2005 catalogue) that improves dust
collection. Got Carter blade guides on this saw? If so, this connector
won't work for you. Tom

No Carter guides.
Thanks, Max

Old December 18th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Max

wrote:

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

drill a 4" hole in the back of the saw right behind the blade or in
front on the door. this works pretty well.

I was hoping to find a way without having to cut any holes.
Thanks, Max

Old December 18th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Max

"Leuf" wrote

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-50-239-D.../dp/B00004Z048

Ridiculous price.

-Leuf

That'll work for me.

Thanks,
Max

Old December 18th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

Max

What model? Enclosed stand or open? Older domestic model or newer
imported?

Frank
Old December 18th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.woodworking
Max

news
wrote:

I searched Google for some info on dust collection for my saw. Not much
luck.
Anyone know of a better set up than the factory small port?

Max

What model? Enclosed stand or open? Older domestic model or newer
imported?

Frank

Wow. Didn't realize there was that much difference in the 14" model(s).
I've had it for about fifteen years; I guess it's a little older.
Closed stand. I'm not in the shop or I would look to see which model it is.

Max