Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Non-permanent glue?

I am nearly done with my chairs, but have run into one more (last?) problem.
The seat will not come out with both arms on; if I ever want to re-upholster
the seats...
http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/chair.jpg

I was planning on attaching the arms to the back with a pair of pocket
screws, from the bottom with plugs. The front was going to be with 1/2"
dowels. I can do that on one side, but the other side has to be removable.

Is there some glue that is really heat sensitive, so I could use a heat gun
to disassemble the plugs and dowels? Well, you see the problem, any
suggestions?

Yeah, I know the bottom back rail should have been 3" higher, but it isn't.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I think this is what hide glue is for.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I think this is what hide glue is for.

Mike

Hide will come apart with heat? I will give it a try, thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
Fri, Dec 1, 2006, 8:09pm (EST+5) (Toller) doth puzzedly
exclaim:
Hide will come apart with heat? snip

Not exactly. Moisture, or steam, with heat.

Do you not research "anything" on your own?

Perhaps he misspelt his name, omitting the 'r'.

--

FF

Permanent Acne Cure tim Home Repair 0 April 30th 06 01:01 AM
Ideas for permanent location for generator CathyLee Home Repair 10 November 15th 05 04:50 PM
Help! How to remove permanent marker from brickwork? sky UK diy 8 April 9th 05 03:20 PM
converting a portable aircon to permanent Matthew J.E. Durkin UK diy 5 September 27th 04 12:10 AM
remove permanent marker UK diy 18 March 4th 04 12:35 AM