HarryM

Default wood use query - wood movement

Are you planning to use it in hidden areas and want a less expensive wood,
or are you wanting a complimentary wood for surface areas? I made a chest
of drawers of oak and padauk, with the padauk used for the raised side
panels and the drawer fronts. After the padauk darkened from exposure to
light, they look nice together. harrym

"john moorhead" wrote in message
newsB6Pa.24589$H17.7959@sccrnsc02...
Folks -

What wood would make a good secondary wood for use in a solid oak wood
dresser? I'd like to find something that would match flatsawn and also
quartersawn white oak in terms of wood movement. My default setting would
be poplar, but I thought I'd post here and get some feedback.

TIA\

John

Ernie Jurick

"john moorhead" wrote in message
newsB6Pa.24589$H17.7959@sccrnsc02...
Folks -

What wood would make a good secondary wood for use in a solid oak wood
dresser? I'd like to find something that would match flatsawn and also
quartersawn white oak in terms of wood movement. My default setting would
be poplar, but I thought I'd post here and get some feedback.

Poplar it is, if wood movement is your concern.
-- Ernie

Problems with Paint Adhesion on Old Wood Phil Young UK diy 6 July 27th 04 01:30 PM
wood colour on dado wallpaper Glenn UK diy 2 March 19th 04 01:31 AM
What Freemasons would like us to believe........ Henry E Schaffer UK diy 2 February 23rd 04 11:06 PM
RSJ on Wood lintel? G&M UK diy 2 February 13th 04 08:08 PM
Floating wood floor. ian UK diy 4 July 25th 03 06:44 PM