Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What ever happened to Inca tools?

What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:02:49 -0400, Nigel Burnett
wrote:

What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

That's an excellent question. Garrett Wade used to carry them, but
now I don't see them on their website.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nigel Burnett wrote:

What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Do you mean "Incra"?

http://www.incra.biz/index.html

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

"Nigel Burnett" wrote in message
What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Inca Machines is still out there. Their web site is:

http://www.incamachines.com

I'm not sure who, if anyone, is their importer these days.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 27, 7:43 pm, "Len" wrote:

http://www.incamachines.com

Now THERE's a website that instills confidence. :0[

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

On Oct 27, 7:43 pm, "Len" wrote:

http://www.incamachines.com

Now THERE's a website that instills confidence. :0[

A flashback to the '70's.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nova" wrote in message
Nigel Burnett wrote:

What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Do you mean "Incra"?

http://www.incra.biz/index.html

Probably Inca, the European imported stationary power tools. IIRC not being
imported here anymore.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi Nigel,

I believe that they used to be imported by Jesse Barrigan, owner of
Eagle Tools in LA. Eagle tools still exists:

http://www.eagle-tools.com/

But it would appear that they don't offer the Inca machinery any more.
As others have pointed out, the Inca machinery is still being
manufactured but doesn't seem to be represented in the USA anymore.

I met Jesse many years ago at a tradeshow in Burbank. Really nice guy
who helped me a great deal.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com

Nigel Burnett wrote:
What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nigel Burnett wrote:

What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Do you mean "Incra"?

http://www.incra.biz/index.html

Probably Inca, the European imported stationary power tools. IIRC not being
imported here anymore.

If they are no longer being imported to the US any longer, what
happens if a US resident owning one of their tools needs part(s) for
it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nigel Burnett wrote:

What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Do you mean "Incra"?

http://www.incra.biz/index.html

Probably Inca, the European imported stationary power tools. IIRC not
being imported here anymore.

If they are no longer being imported to the US any longer, what
happens if a US resident owning one of their tools needs part(s) for
it?

Garrett Wade http://www.garrettwade.com/index.jsp was handling parts a
while back, but don't show anything on their web site. You might give
them a call, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Also Eagle Tools in LA, if they're still there. Bought an Inca band saw
from them and was happy with the service and the product.

Eagle Tools Injecta Machinery:
2217 El Sol Avenue,
Altadena, CA 91001
Tel: (626)797-8262
FAX626) 797-8271

They don't seem to have a web site.

Good luck, and follow up please if you find a current supplier.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 02:49:37 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

George Max wrote:

If they are no longer being imported to the US any longer, what
happens if a US resident owning one of their tools needs part(s) for
it?

Garrett Wade http://www.garrettwade.com/index.jsp was handling parts a
while back, but don't show anything on their web site. You might give
them a call, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Also Eagle Tools in LA, if they're still there. Bought an Inca band saw
from them and was happy with the service and the product.

Eagle Tools Injecta Machinery:
2217 El Sol Avenue,
Altadena, CA 91001
Tel: (626)797-8262
FAX626) 797-8271

They don't seem to have a web site.

Good luck, and follow up please if you find a current supplier.

I don't mean to be confusing, but I'm not the OP and I don't own any
INCA tools. I'm just curious what happens when one may need somthing
and there's no more importer. I seem to recall that those were fair
expensive machines.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have dealt w/ Jesse on ordering Inca parts. He has been EXTREMELY
helpful and VERY patient. He is also INCREDIBLY busy, so some patience
is required on the part of the person needing parts. A little
persistence doesn't hurt, either.

It is clear from dealing w/ him a little that he is a bit of a
celebrity in this industry. Anyone that knows high-end tools knows
Jesse. He (Jesse) treats them well, gives them good advice and deals,
and obviously great after-sale support.

I have also working w/ www.incamachines.com and found them to be very
responsive and accomodating. Inca was purchased by Multico (France).
Multico is a commercial took maker and they still make some of the Inca
machines.

Probably only a matter of time before someone recognizes Inca could
sell here again and starts importing them. Could probably get started
for 100k.

Let me know if someone else wants to go in on this. :-)

Nigel Burnett wrote:
What ever happened to Inca tools?
n.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

George Max wrote:

[...]

Yeah, they were fairly expensive. My 9" bandsaw set me back about $700,
but I can just about resaw shavings with it.

I'm also curious what happens when one needs some part or other. I figure
I'll have to find a supplier in Europe.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:55:54 GMT, Lobby Dosser wrote:

About ten years ago you could find a fair number of used machines and I've
been kicking myself for not buying a used table saw when they were
available and I had the money. I haven't seen a used machine locally for
years.

fyi, I'm the OP. I bought a used 26 cm (10") Inca planer/jointer about 25 years ago.
The local dealer in Milliken (Humphrey's?), offered to buy it sigh unseen for
more than I paid (can't remember how much - maybe Cdn$600?). I replaced the
HSS blades for carbide ones (Lee Valley $$$) and well worth it. The only part that
has needed replacing was the drive belt a few years ago. I took the old one to a
place in Mississauga and they cloned it for about $10.

The quality is superb. Time for Atlas or someone to pick up the line again.