Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 3 inches VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring

Hi,
Any opinion on 3 VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring? The 4 inch is
little more expensive and I heard from none woodworker it looks better.
I try to put some Brazilian Cherry and I can get 3 inches wide any time
while 4 inches are special order. Wider wood would cupp more and shrink
more than narrower, but is there any concern for Harwood floor and 1
inch difference?

Thanks
MaxEN

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
Any opinion on 3 VS. 4 inches wide Hardwood Flooring? The 4 inch is
little more expensive and I heard from none woodworker it looks better.
I try to put some Brazilian Cherry and I can get 3 inches wide any time
while 4 inches are special order. Wider wood would cupp more and shrink
more than narrower, but is there any concern for Harwood floor and 1
inch difference?

Thanks
MaxEN

The only difference is whatever you think looks better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Locutus wrote:

The only difference is whatever you think looks better.

I agree. The relief milling on the back of properly made flooring does
a pretty good job of limiting cupping.

Now, if we're talking 3" vs. 12"... G

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
m...
Locutus wrote:

The only difference is whatever you think looks better.

I agree. The relief milling on the back of properly made flooring does a
pretty good job of limiting cupping.

Now, if we're talking 3" vs. 12"... G

I guess another difference would be *slightly* less installation as the 4"
would cover more. But not really enough difference to factor into the
decision.