Posted to rec.woodworking

Default pocket door hardware

I didn't find what I'm looking for in my Lee Valley hardware catalog and the
only returns I get from Googling seem to be outfits that I've never heard
of. I'm looking for the latch hardware for a pocket door. I'm looking for
two things: the pull for the door edge to pull it out of its pocket and a
finger pull kind of thingie to be able to open the door when closed.

Here is what I have in mind for the edge pull:
http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/02007691/

And the cup pull: http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/02007704/

I don't really have a problem with the price, but I've never heard of the
referenced web site. If anyone is aware of a mainstream place that might
carry this stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

How about Van Dyke's Restorers (http://www.vandykes.com/) ? I remember
seeing pocket door hardware in their catalog the last couple of times I
looked.

Hope it helps,
Bill

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

-President Theodore Roosevelt

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
I didn't find what I'm looking for in my Lee Valley hardware catalog and
the only returns I get from Googling seem to be outfits that I've never
heard of. I'm looking for the latch hardware for a pocket door. I'm
looking for two things: the pull for the door edge to pull it out of its
pocket and a finger pull kind of thingie to be able to open the door when
closed.

Here is what I have in mind for the edge pull:
http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/02007691/

And the cup pull: http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/02007704/

I don't really have a problem with the price, but I've never heard of the
referenced web site. If anyone is aware of a mainstream place that might
carry this stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 01:30:11 -0500, "todd" wrote:

I didn't find what I'm looking for in my Lee Valley hardware catalog and the
only returns I get from Googling seem to be outfits that I've never heard
of. I'm looking for the latch hardware for a pocket door. I'm looking for
two things: the pull for the door edge to pull it out of its pocket and a
finger pull kind of thingie to be able to open the door when closed.

Here is what I have in mind for the edge pull:
http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/02007691/

And the cup pull: http://www.antiquehardware.com/product/02007704/

I don't really have a problem with the price, but I've never heard of the
referenced web site. If anyone is aware of a mainstream place that might
carry this stuff, please let me know.

Thanks,

todd

You're more careful than I as that site looks acceptable to me. On the
contact page they list their address, etc. If I was still not feeling
good I'd call the Chamber of Comm for the Woonsocket, SD area and
see what they have to say.
As you probably did, I googled door hardware and got many hits but as
you say, I don't recognize any of the names.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Not too hard when you look around:

http://jhusa.net/

I love Lee Valley also but they have a small collection
of hardware.

Jus because you never heard of them doesn't mean they
are not reputable.

todd wrote:

I didn't find what I'm looking for in my Lee Valley hardware catalog and the
only returns I get from Googling seem to be outfits that I've never heard
of. I'm looking for the latch hardware for a pocket door. I'm looking for
two things: the pull for the door edge to pull it out of its pocket and a
finger pull kind of thingie to be able to open the door when closed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I ran across this site in my searches. Just because they have a website
doesn't mean they *are* reputable, either. I was hoping someone might bring
up a company they had actually done business with. Have you ordered from
Johnson Hardware?

todd

todd wrote:

I didn't find what I'm looking for in my Lee Valley hardware catalog and
the only returns I get from Googling seem to be outfits that I've never
heard of. I'm looking for the latch hardware for a pocket door. I'm
looking for two things: the pull for the door edge to pull it out of its
pocket and a finger pull kind of thingie to be able to open the door when
closed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

They operate in two different countries.
They have been in business since 1958.
Yes, I have ordered from them.

They are one of the largest companies in the
world that sell this type of product.

They have a telephone:

http://johnsonhardware.com/contact.htm

They sell their products through dealers world wide.

Look at the list within 100 miles of you...

http://jhusa.net/distributors/search_interface.aspx

todd wrote:
I ran across this site in my searches. Just because they have a website
doesn't mean they *are* reputable, either. I was hoping someone might bring
up a company they had actually done business with. Have you ordered from
Johnson Hardware?

Question about the strength of pocket hole joinery Upscale Woodworking 11 March 15th 06 03:16 AM
Adapt standard door to pocket door---Locks NoSpecialName Home Repair 2 November 14th 05 03:15 AM
Milling out a simple pocket Terry Metalworking 8 March 10th 05 05:34 PM
Pocket door daler Home Repair 5 March 2nd 05 04:06 PM
Tabletop Clip or Pocket Screw or Miller Dowel Rolling Thunder Woodworking 6 January 25th 05 06:15 PM