Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Power Sharpener

I purchased a Craftsman power sharpener (319.190710) at an estate sale
today. I'm not sure but it looks like maybe it is supposed to be used with
water. Does anyone own one or know???
They are discontinued but I recall seeing them several years ago and as I
recall they were not cheap.
Rob Mills ~

PS, I see that they still list parts including an owners manual but they
will most likely want more for the manual than I paid for the unit. I just
would like to know if it's wet or dry.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Rob Mills wrote:
I purchased a Craftsman power sharpener (319.190710) at an estate sale

PS, I see that they still list parts including an owners manual but they
will most likely want more for the manual than I paid for the unit. I just
would like to know if it's wet or dry.

Parts list nor diagram show neither a water tray nor a water supply and
the motor doesn't look even the least bit enclosed so one would have to
presume it was intended for dry wheel use.

BTW, the manual is $6.99 which may well be more than the $5 you gave...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote in message
ups.com...

Parts list nor diagram show neither a water tray

I've looked at the diagram but the unit looks like it has a reservoir (built
into
the case) under the stone that looks as though it may have had water in it
and it also looks as if there is a pour spout at the rear of the machine to
drain it from.
Since my first post I found a similar unit on ebay that is advertised as
wet. RM~

PS, I did give $10 but the unit looks to not have seen much use. It should
work great for chisels and lathe tools. The stone is 1 1/2 " wide it and it
turns very slow forward or reverse.