Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Custom range hood

I need to build an enclosure/cover for a range hood insert. What I have in
mind is close to this

http://www.kitchensource.com/range-hoods/nashaker.htm

As you can see from the dimensions, this unit isn't so much a cabinet as a
front cover. I'm curious if anyone has built such a thing and how you
approached it. Did you build an entire cabinet around the range hood insert
or perhaps build the insides from construction lumber and put something
decorative like the above around it?

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 01:41:45 -0500, "todd" wrote:

I need to build an enclosure/cover for a range hood insert. What I have in
mind is close to this

http://www.kitchensource.com/range-hoods/nashaker.htm

As you can see from the dimensions, this unit isn't so much a cabinet as a
front cover. I'm curious if anyone has built such a thing and how you
approached it. Did you build an entire cabinet around the range hood insert
or perhaps build the insides from construction lumber and put something
decorative like the above around it?

todd

I'd probably build it as a cabinet unit in two pieces upper and lower.
Id first add the stock that goes flat against the wall, add the lower
section and then the upper section.
I believe making a frame from lumber would result in it being
oversized.
It looks like a excellent (fun) project and based on your previous
cabs should come out pretty nice.
Take some in-progress pics if you have the time.

Good Luck,
Posted to rec.woodworking

Todd,

Here are a couple of custom hoods I did:

http://members.profitfromwood.com/pictures/hoods.htm

If you like what you see I can dig up the plans and send them to you.

Contact me from the link on the page.

Ed

http://profitfromwood.com
Dedicated to the Advancement of Your Financial Independence And A Better Way
of Life!

. ..