Posted to rec.woodworking
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Default Where can I buy shellac flakes

I've sent email to both Shellac.net and to Woodfinishsupply.com and
haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, it's only been a day, but
normally I'm used to people getting back fairly quickly when it's an
order and money is involved.

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes? I was particularly interested in the sampler packs
offered on Shellac.net and Woodfinishsupply.com (same offer), so
anything like that would be great.

Thanks!

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:12:08 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

I've sent email to both Shellac.net and to Woodfinishsupply.com and
haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, it's only been a day, but
normally I'm used to people getting back fairly quickly when it's an
order and money is involved.

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes? I was particularly interested in the sampler packs
offered on Shellac.net and Woodfinishsupply.com (same offer), so
anything like that would be great.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,190,42942
Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in :

I've sent email to both Shellac.net and to Woodfinishsupply.com and
haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, it's only been a day, but
normally I'm used to people getting back fairly quickly when it's an
order and money is involved.

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes? I was particularly interested in the sampler packs
offered on Shellac.net and Woodfinishsupply.com (same offer), so
anything like that would be great.

Thanks!

Jack

Same folks. And they have been a little out of focus for the last 18
months or so, in my limited experience.

So I bought some great material from Jeff Jewitt, at

http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/

Liquid concentrate, and shellac flake, of the super-blonde German process.
At least as good as what I got from shellac.net in an earlier day.
Slightly more money, but still a good value.

I would not hold my breath with the folks in Mendocino County. There are
untold stories there, somewhere, somehow...

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes?

I know Woodcraft carries them, because I work there :-). But I suspect that
Woodworkers Supply and Rockler might also have them.

--
It's turtles, all the way down
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Taylor

wrote:

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes?

I know Woodcraft carries them, because I work there :-). But I suspect
that
Woodworkers Supply and Rockler might also have them.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Which one? Or should I ask, which coast?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:12:08 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:

I've sent email to both Shellac.net and to Woodfinishsupply.com and
haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, it's only been a day, but
normally I'm used to people getting back fairly quickly when it's an
order and money is involved.

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes? I was particularly interested in the sampler packs
offered on Shellac.net and Woodfinishsupply.com (same offer), so
anything like that would be great.

Thanks!

Jack

I think that shellac.net is Paddy's old company.

I don't recall who took that over.

It might be Liberon but I'm not sure.

I buy my stuff from Jeff Jewitt.

He's an honest man and a quick businessman.

He's prolly one of the few guys who still answers his own phone.

I've bought from both Liberon and Jeff but Jeff is my preference.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Larson

Ron Hock has shellac kits and one pound bags as well. You can find them
at http://www.hockfinishes.com/. My company distributes those products
through retail stores across the USA. You can use our dealer locator to
find the store nearest to you http://www.rlarson.com/ (enter your
zipcode on the left hand side).

Robert

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
I've sent email to both Shellac.net and to Woodfinishsupply.com and
haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, it's only been a day, but
normally I'm used to people getting back fairly quickly when it's an
order and money is involved.

So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality
shellac flakes? I was particularly interested in the sampler packs
offered on Shellac.net and Woodfinishsupply.com (same offer), so
anything like that would be great.

Thanks!

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:

I buy my stuff from Jeff Jewitt.

He's an honest man and a quick businessman.

Roger that. Contact him at http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/. Great
product, great service, great information on his site.

No affiliation, never even met the man. But I've been doing finishing
a lot longer than I've been doing building, and that's who I do
business with.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Blanchard

Tim Taylor wrote:

I know Woodcraft carries them, because I work there :-).**But*I*suspec that
Woodworkers Supply and Rockler might also have them.

Which one? Or should I ask, which coast?

Spokane WA - new store, opened in Feb.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim Taylor wrote:

I know Woodcraft carries them, because I work there :-). But I suspec
that
Woodworkers Supply and Rockler might also have them.

Which one? Or should I ask, which coast?

Spokane WA - new store, opened in Feb.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Oh, just wondering. I know a few of the guys in the stores in my service
area, Indy, Louisville, E-ville, Cincy, Crashville. Don't get to great
northwest though!!! I'd love to!!