Posted to rec.woodworking
noxpurt

Default Stair supports?

i meant 1 3/4 x 2 x 12 inch blocks.

"noxpurt" wrote in message
I have outside stairs on the side of a hill. All pressure treated. Im
using 1/5 x 2 x 12 blocks to support 2 x 12 steps.
WHat is the best way to attached the support blocks to the riser? I used
3 deck screws on each block for one set of steps but Im not sure if those
are the right hardware to use as deck screws may not be meant to take that
shear stress. I could used 16p 3 inch nails, but I would think those
would work out eventually. Lags are very expensive and I was trying to
avoid those.

Any thoughts?

Black metal stair rails.banisters. Terry Home Repair 2 December 10th 05 07:06 PM
Wall Oven Supports Stacy Home Repair 11 November 7th 05 06:06 PM
stair edge finishing Beartums Home Repair 2 April 11th 05 09:42 PM
Runners and stair rods ... Martin Pentreath UK diy 3 November 23rd 04 08:36 PM
Install Hardwood stair some user Home Repair 0 October 29th 04 08:20 PM