Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hats off to a couple of vendors!

I recently went to Woodworkers Supply looking for a DC bag and got
inadequate data on what part number fit what DC. Suggested to
Internet guru, I think was the title, that data provided was
inadequate and zip response. Then mailed Customer Service Manager
about my concern and he sent a part number for my DC. Got a 14"
diameter bag to "fit" a 5" flange and told him what I thought. He
apologized and sent the correct bag at no cost. Got a bag About 14"
by maybe 30" that will be sent for shipping costs rather that clutter
the landfill.

Crank and plug for Router Raizer were "lost" in cross country move and
I called the 1-800 umber trying to order replacements. Couldn't
order them but got them gratis as a PR gesture. Sure is NICE dealing
with people who care! Found the parts several days after the call but
still glad for the response I got from both!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

wrote in message
I recently went to Woodworkers Supply looking for a DC bag and got
inadequate data on what part number fit what DC. Suggested to
Internet guru, I think was the title, that data provided was
inadequate and zip response. Then mailed Customer Service Manager
about my concern and he sent a part number for my DC. Got a 14"
diameter bag to "fit" a 5" flange and told him what I thought. He
apologized and sent the correct bag at no cost. Got a bag About 14"
by maybe 30" that will be sent for shipping costs rather that clutter
the landfill.

Is it just me? I mean - sometimes it is... getting old does take its toll.
But... I had a hell of a time reading and understanding what this post was
about. I had to read it a few times to finally understand that the poster
is offering something for free. Complete sentences - or at least more
complete sentences sure make reading easier. To me this just read like a
bunch of disconnected thoughts.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

"Is it just me? I mean - sometimes it is... getting old does take its
toll.
But... I had a hell of a time reading and understanding what this post
was
about. I had to read it a few times to finally understand that the
poster
is offering something for free. Complete sentences - or at least more
complete sentences sure make reading easier. To me this just read like
bunch of disconnected thoughts.

--
"

It's not just you. Bad grammar, bad spelling, it is rampant in
newsgroups. It is also becoming wide spread in other communications as
well. Somewhere along the line the belief arose that proper English is
not necessary when entered with a keyboard. One of my pet peeves.

Of course now that we have decided to bend over for the criminal
element below the border and accept Spanish as a national language, as
well as their criminal behavior, it can only get worse.

But we don't want to go down THAT road in a friendly woodworking
newsgroup, now do we...;+}

-jtpr

Posted to rec.woodworking
Odinn

On 4/21/2006 11:42 AM mumbled something about the
following:
[...]

Can you repeat this again? It makes no sense.

Try a little punctuation and proper sentence structure.

--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ...
http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply

Swinger couple Oscar_Lives Home Repair 0 January 20th 06 05:15 AM
Mold - Couple of quick questions T Home Ownership 9 September 13th 04 03:47 PM
Under Sink Heaters a couple of quick questions.... Adam Aglionby UK diy 5 July 16th 04 07:36 PM
First project pics and a couple of questions chem Metalworking 10 October 19th 03 11:50 PM
Philips VR457/03 rectifier diode (for 9-15 VDC) dies after couple of hours of operation Marcel Electronics Repair 5 October 16th 03 04:06 PM