Posted to rec.woodworking
Gene

Default Gorilla glue

I've got a bottle of Gorrila glue that is getting old and very thick.
Anybody know of a way to make it run again? Maybe a microwave oven or
something?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gene wrote:
I've got a bottle of Gorrila glue that is getting old and very thick.
Anybody know of a way to make it run again? Maybe a microwave oven or
something?

From what I know about Gorilla glue, it would seem that the glue is

reacting with the humidity in the air, and is slowly gluing to itself.
It will continue to get thicker and thicker until it sets up
completely.

That's why I buy the small bottle.

-Phil Crow

Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

"Gene" wrote in message
I've got a bottle of Gorrila glue that is getting old and very thick.
Anybody know of a way to make it run again? Maybe a microwave oven or
something?

Time to buy a new bottle in a size that you will use up in 6 months.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom H

I have been able to extend the shelf life from it's stated 1 year to several
years be sealing the entire bottle in a larger container after each use.

"Gene" wrote in message
I've got a bottle of Gorrila glue that is getting old and very thick.
Anybody know of a way to make it run again? Maybe a microwave oven or
something?

Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

I have been able to extend the shelf life from it's stated 1 year to several
years be sealing the entire bottle in a larger container after each use.

I use these from Lee Valley, they are like little "micro-condoms", take a gander:
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...110,42967&ap=1

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy

I have been able to extend the shelf life from it's stated 1 year to several years be sealing the entire bottle in a larger container after each use.

I like that idea. It may work even better if you put some dessicant
inside the larger container. (Lee Valley has some in bulk they call
"flower drying crystals" - or any kind of silica gel, Dri-Rite, etc.)
I might just have to try that.
The Gorilla Glue in general may last longer (i.e. react slower) if kept
cool, but if you kept it in the fridge, you'd want to watch out for
condensation when you take it out. I'm not sure whether very cold
temps/freezing would be harmful - I'm sure you could call them if it's
not on the bottle.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom

Yep, smaller bottle, then just squeeze out the extra air in the
container. You might check the air level now and then, to make sure of
your seal. Tom