Can I accessorize my Ridgid table saw for routing?

Old March 29th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.woodworking

Default Can I accessorize my Ridgid table saw for routing?

Does anyone know if one can buy (or make) an attachment to the Ridgid
TS3650 table saw for having a router table off to the side? I've seen
this done for some other saws. The TS3650 has nice wings and plenty of
space for a router. And I have a nice router lift, so my Bosch could
easily sit below table level and not get in the way.

Jack

Old March 29th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...te nsion+wing

Old March 29th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.woodworking

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Does anyone know if one can buy (or make) an attachment to the Ridgid
TS3650 table saw for having a router table off to the side? I've seen
this done for some other saws. The TS3650 has nice wings and plenty of
space for a router. And I have a nice router lift, so my Bosch could
easily sit below table level and not get in the way.

Jack

Go to the Woodworking section of the RIdgid Forums site. Do a search and
you will come up with a scad of threads and pics of homemade router
extensions. I'm jus about finished with mine now.
http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/index.php

Old March 30th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.woodworking

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Does anyone know if one can buy (or make) an attachment to the Ridgid
TS3650 table saw for having a router table off to the side? I've seen
this done for some other saws. The TS3650 has nice wings and plenty of
space for a router. And I have a nice router lift, so my Bosch could
easily sit below table level and not get in the way

http://home.carolina.rr.com/jayhanig/hobbies.htm

Scroll down to the woodworking stuff.... you'll see a router table bolted onto
the *outside* of the cast iron wing on a Ridgid TS2424. There's at least two
pictures that should interest you.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old March 30th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Thank you! I was thinking of building a router table, so building one as
an extension on the wings of the tablesaw shouldn't be any harder.

The forum has lots of great discussions on this. Thanks!

Thanks again!

Jack

Old March 30th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.woodworking

As I wrote above, this forum has tons of great material on it. THANKS so
much!

I think I'll try my hand at building my own too.

Thanks again!

Jack

Old March 30th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.woodworking

Wow ... with all those hobbies and interests, how do you find time to
eat? Noticed you own a Mini-14 and an SKS. Me too. Out here in New
Mexico, people don't mind stuff like that. Heck, I remember my first
time in the state ... was in a McDonalds and some guy comes in to get a
burger with a six shooter hanging off his belt. Interesting.

Thanks for the note on the support for the extension. With the extra
weight, I think it makes a lot of sense to do that. I'll do something
like what you show on your site.

Thanks again!

Jack